Inground Vinyl DFW Texas

Waterfall redesign

So much for having a plan. When my wife and I headed out for our vacation we agreed to leave work and the yard project behind. This worked out until we went to Mendenhall Glacier. After she saw the waterfall there she said that was what she wanted for our waterfall. Being the great comedian that I am I said, "It might not fit in the back yard!". That went over well :hammer:

So I'm back to the design board on the waterfall. We were planning a multi-tier fall with catch ponds. Now it'll be a shear fall about 4 feet tall. She's right this will be cooler that what we had planned.

You will be VERY happy you did the sheer fall when you do not have to keep clean and/or clean the catch ponds! Just watch the noise level. They can be loud.

I KNOW you have a pic to show us of what she saw that you are doing to try to make!

Kim

THAT is awesome! I can't wait to see how your recreate that idea!

Kim

Me too. I've got a couple ideas but with the limited space I'll have a hard time getting enough height to recreate the effect of the volume. What made this so assume was how fast it was coming down. I think I can get enough water flowing with the 1.5hp pump, but unless I can get enough height and setback I won't be able to get enough width at the bottom.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Flex base backfill

Does anyone have any experience using recycled concrete for back fill on an in ground vinyl? I'm debating between using flex base or 3/8 minus. With 3/8 minus I'm concerned that the shapes of the rock could damage the plumbing.

$4500 is not a bad price. Make sure whoever digs the pool has experience digging pools. If it is overdug or underdug it will cause a lot more work and money so make sure you get a person that has experience digging pools. Try to find someone that will buy the dirt you don't need. I sold the dirt I removed for $100 a load to a guy that was building a house close to where I live.

The walls are up :splash: and we're getting closer.

DSC_0515_500.JPG

We got the dirt hauled off, 24 dump truck loads (240 yards). We kept about 5 yards to level off a couple areas around the pool. It would not be a good thing to have to buy dirt after that insane adventure.

The damage after the dig phase was all said and done was $4760. At least I was able to get some grade work out of my excavator between loads.

The "Belly Steel" inspection is done so we can pour the collar this Sat. We're going with a truck and line pump option on this. Adds about $500 to the cost vs mixing and dumping by the bag but it WILL be worth it.

Last weekend we poured the collar. We decided to have the cement delivered and get a line pump to do the job. Expensive way to do it but worth every penny. It only took about 2 hours from the time the cement truck arrived to pour the 4.5 yards.

Working on plumbing and hooking up the equipment now. The current schedule is to get the plumbing inspected next Mon, have the contractor lay the bottom on Wed and bag in on Sat.

:splash:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.