Inground Pool Project in MA_ pavers or stamped concrete?

The problem with stamped concrete in MA is they only make two types. 1) Cracked concrete 2) Concrete that will crack. .

Well said...lol

In all m years of researching pavers, this is the first time I have heard of electrical shock factor. I am very familiar with the sticker shock associated with travertine pavers though :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the comments....looks like I will be sticking with the SWG :)

Its not very difficult to add the salt cell later on also. Even if it is not plumbed for one.

I ditched the Ozone / UV too and PB was not surprised at all. He did not even try to fight me on that....

A coworker of mine is installing a pool and got a proposal for stamped concrete that has many more cuts in it than a traditional stamped install with straight cuts at regular intervals. The stamped pattern has large non-square polygon "stones" and they put cuts around each of these stones. Its more work and more expensive, but supposedly you don't get any cracks except along the cuts (between the stones). Not sure the irregular pattern would have looked good around my rectangular pool, but for free for pools it seems like an interesting option.

John T, does the "shock" factor apply to real stone (i.e., travertine) pavers too? We have an old existing pool and were toying with the idea of removing the existing 25 year old concrete decking (that had an overlay done about 12 years ago) and replacing with travertine pavers (which will hopefully be a little cooler).

finally making progress. The home builder had to use a decent amount of fill to make our backyard level so they had to do some reconstruction.

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 70

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.