Inground Pool Cover

Jul 8, 2017
NY NY
I have the mesh canvas type cover, with the springs that hold down on the patio deck. The previous owner of the house used "wall foam" between the pavers, and the cover, to protect the under side of the cover from abrasion. Obviously wall foam is not the correct product for this. Is there a specific product that is made to go between the patio deck, and the cover ?

There is not a "pool" product made for this that I know of. I think the "wall foam" would work great and be easy to store. You could also use tarps but they can be a pain to deal with as far as cleaning and storing.

The problem with wall foam... is it's not UV protected. So any part of wall foam sitting in the sun quickly deteriorates, & breaks off blowing all over the yard. Even if it's not in the sun, it's really not made for what I'm using it for.

My mesh safety cover was manufactured with an optional second layer of mesh that is velcroed to the underside of the cover all round the perimeter. It's about 18" wide. The material is similar to the cover material but black instead of colored and maybe heavier (not sure). It's only connected to the outer edge so it can flip back out in the right wind conditions. But overall it is effective. Not sure if this is helpful for your particular scenario of working with an existing cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.