Inground pool build- Central NJ

Jul 1, 2013
New Jersey
Let the games begin...

I'm in Central NJ and just started our 24'x41' free form inground steel wall/vinyl liner install yesterday. I had an intex pool for about 4 years. Decided to take the plunge this year. Permits in my town took roughly 6 weeks (that's with engineer drawings etc).
Excavation is complete. Walls and plumbing going in on Saturday (looks like things will go quickly and then pause for inspections.)

I will update with full equipment list soon. Wanted to add some photos.

What do you guys do while waiting? I feel useless and impatient right now. Lol

This is the location before any work. Round area was old above ground intex pool location.

fd5fab14b4b1d78fc3997c20332575c4.jpg

All treed removed and stumps ground down.

47946ea04eecb45881eac7cdd7de88c6.jpg

Excavation about to start.

dfdb788d90b3d8a59326318c0e1da21f.jpg

Hole dug!

04dd0254e84b9ad3fa3be26aa9a52d6b.jpg

3452036055e46761746f7c076359cb99.jpg

looks good!!! thats a huge pool, you are going for th gusto! Im about to embark on a self build in NNJ in about a month, permit process here is ridiculous too........whatcha doin with the 300yds of dirt you got leftover?

looks good!!! thats a huge pool, you are going for th gusto! Im about to embark on a self build in NNJ in about a month, permit process here is ridiculous too........whatcha doin with the 300yds of dirt you got leftover?

Good luck. Permits weren't bad, just long process (that's government for ya).

So that will be used to backfill and most of the remainder will be used to level around the pool area. Hard to tell from photos but the pool location is lower then the rest of the yard. Building that up/level a bit. Any left over dirt the PB takes off site.

Oh, as for the size of the pool, it still seems small in our yard. When they sprayed it out in the yard, my wife and I were like "hmm looks small". Now it looks a little bigger dug up. I hope it's big enough once filled with water etc.

Electrical was put in place Monday, equipment pad and liner went in yesterday and they will be back filling tomorrow. I'll post some more photos in the next few days. Hope to have some warmer weather this weekend / next week to jump in!

That's looking great! You have such a fantastic yard for a pool. I'm still waiting over here to start ours, should be sometime mid-September. I'm thinking we won't be swimming this year but looks like you may have a chance yet! Good for you! What liner did you choose to go with? That is a REALLY hard decision, lol!

Tena

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.