Inground install

Mstrlucky74

Feb 14, 2021
NY
Hello all new member here. Sorry if wrong area. Couldn’t seem to find section.
we’re getting inground pool quotes and keep hearing to go with concrete walls instead of steel walls cause they may warp/bow. Anyone heard of this? The place went to today was selling 14gauge steel and the said it’ll never wrap. Thank you very much.

Hey Mr Lucky and Welcome !! Are you on the Island ? They love concrete vinyl pools here. Steel pools last a plenty long time, but archeologists will find your concrete pool shell one day in the distant future. Its basically your house foundation/basement with a liner.

I recently talked to my PB and cross referenced his quote with another PB bothe with concrete/liners. I briefly entertained the steel DIY kit from poolwarehouse and it really wasn't much of a savings at the moment with sky high Covid prices. After I subbed out all the work it may have saved me $5k with an inferior product and all the aggravation/leg work. Now, if that $5k meant the difference of pool or no pool, then by all means i may have jumped at it.

Hey Mr Lucky and Welcome !! Are you on the Island ? They love concrete vinyl pools here. Steel pools last a plenty long time, but archeologists will find your concrete pool shell one day in the distant future. Its basically your house foundation/basement with a liner.

I recently talked to my PB and cross referenced his quote with another PB bothe with concrete/liners. I briefly entertained the steel DIY kit from poolwarehouse and it really wasn't much of a savings at the moment with sky high Covid prices. After I subbed out all the work it may have saved me $5k with an inferior product and all the aggravation/leg work. Now, if that $5k meant the difference of pool or no pool, then by all means i may have jumped at it.
Thank you appreciate the help and advice . If you can recommend any installers or places to buy the pool from..not sure if that’s a viable option to buy pool myself and hire builder to install what I bought. Feel free to PM ..thanks

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.