Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
How are you guys corralling your floats? In the winter I deflate and put away in a plastic box, but what about the summer? I usually just pile them up in a corner for them to inevitably get blown all over my yard until I have to mow then I pile them up again. There has to be a better way. I was thinking of a vertical PVC rod... it would hold most floats, not the noodles or beach balls tho. Any bright ideas?

I use this. This is the largest size, they also come smaller. Assembly required.

It's definitely pricey. These used to be sold by the catalog company "Improvements," which has been shut down by its parent company. They had a fire sale, and now these products are being sold by whatever 3rd parties bought up the inventory. So they're probably in limited stock now, so they can charge what they want.

But wait, there's more! Due to a fulfillment error, I also have a new-in-box XL size one of these toy holders. $56.99 if bought from the big South American river. I wonder whether anyone wants it at a fair price?

Thanks. Something like that video is more what I was thinking. I was going to try driving PVC into the ground but the tomato stake with pool noodle might be easier to drive.

Last edited:
Bought an 8' stake from Lowes. It appears to be made from plastic coated metal. It had one pointed end bit did not go into my soil very easily, so I drilled a hole with a 5/8" 18" drill bit I use to run wires. There is a name for this kind of bit but I don't remember it, it has a hole in the end to fish back wire when you drill thru something.

In any case, I drilled this hole to start and got on a step ladder and beat the Crud out of it with a deadblow hammer, until I started damaging the hammer, then I switched to a sledge with a hockey puck, finishing with just the sledge. I did all this because people in the reviews of the stake complained it bent when driven. I got it about 2 feet in the ground, and it didnt bend but it isnt exactly plumb, but for all of 5 bucks I cant complain. Finished it off with some pool noodles and I think I'm good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3545.jpg
    IMG_3545.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 152

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How are you guys corralling your floats? In the winter I deflate and put away in a plastic box, but what about the summer? I usually just pile them up in a corner for them to inevitably get blown all over my yard until I have to mow then I pile them up again. There has to be a better way. I was thinking of a vertical PVC rod... it would hold most floats, not the noodles or beach balls tho. Any bright ideas?
I have 2 large floats and 2 small floats. I put the small floats under the large ones and then run a bungee cord thru the handles of the large ones and around a deck post. Have had some severe storms these past few weeks and they haven’t budged. Wouldn’t be much help to you if you don’t have handles/ropes on your floats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.