moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
image.jpg
I have a new client starting next month when he heads back up north. He send me this photo last night, and says that his infinity edge spill over is coming apart. I will go out this morning and try and get some more photos but I'm wondering could this be a fix he could possibly take care of himself or should he get onto a pool builder/repair company right away?

Dave,

I admit I don't know much about infinity edges, but I would think that is not how they should be made.. :scratch:

Let's see if we can get some of our construction guys to chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you have some wider pics of the pool? I am not sure what area you are pointing to and how it should all be built up.

What is the material on the vertical wall on the right side of the finger? I see tile and some type of caulk. Is there a gap there? What has moved to create the gap?

Last edited:
Annotation 2020-03-12 185121.jpgbob2.jpgbob3.jpg
Hi Jim,

I went around this afternoon after I finished my route. They were packing to head back up north but want everything perfect before I take over. It looks like an aluminum strip with a rubber weather strip that the water spills over. The other infinity edge pool that I take care of is just concrete so this seems a bit strange. In any case. I wonder is a straight forward fix or should he call a pool builder? I'm thinking a lot of these guys might be just interested in doing full re models.

You see a lot of strange things pool builders do. I have always seen tile and grout to the edge.

@bdavis466 thoughts?

From the look of the full length of top of wall, what they call infinity edge, why is there water pooling on top. I would think there should never be water on top and have full pitch. It looks like the wall goes back up catching the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
on a computer that looks like custom bent flashing, it looks like the finger in pic is under it like it has a lip. I guess they tiled it back uphill at the end making a trough sort of. the material in there is definitely some elastomeric stuff like deck seal but not that color

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.