Crowley, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have been reading many threads about pool automation. I am like everybody else: sticker shocked shocked at the prices of the commercial automation. My current system is a modified Intermatic PF1202T timer. {The left wheel runs the SWG and power to the heater. The right wheel runs the booster pump. The pool pump is directly wired and is not controlled by the Intermatic timer}. The remainder of the equipment is: a Black & Decker 3hp VS pump, a Pentair 400K heater (previously Pac Fab), a Polaris 280 with booster pump, Pentair 48 SQ FT DE filter (previously Purex Triton). I recently purchased a Sonoff' 4CH Pro R3. I have been trying to program it with the automation adapter for the Black & Decker pump. My question is when programming Sonoff I can put it in speed 1,2 and 3. Reading previous posts' it was stated that speed 1 has priority over speed 2 and 2 over speed 3. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this information is accurate. Than I should be able to plug in speed 3 from 7 AM to 7 PM @1000 RPMs. Speed 2 10:45 AM to 2:45 PM @2500rpm. The speed 1 @1500 rpm from 7 AM to 10:45 AM. The other option is to use the EwLink ap on my phone & and program each speed back to back. Speed 1 from 7:00 to 10:45 AM at 1500 RPMs, the 2 from 10:45 AM to 2:45 PM at 2500 RPMs, speed 3 from 2:45 PM to 7 PM @ 1000 RPMs. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I think the Jandy Z4 system is cheaper. And you can get an install yourself. Jandy may or may not warranty but nothing is going to happen to it in the first 24 months.

Than I should be able to plug in speed 3 from 7 AM to 7 PM @1000 RPMs. Speed 2 10:45 AM to 2:45 PM @2500rpm. The speed 1 @1500 rpm from 7 AM to 10:45 AM. The other option is to use the EwLink ap on my phone & and program each speed back to back. Speed 1 from 7:00 to 10:45 AM at 1500 RPMs, the 2 from 10:45 AM to 2:45 PM at 2500 RPMs, speed 3 from 2:45 PM to 7 PM @ 1000 RPMs. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Your plan should work. Have you seen this thread?

@hexabc should be around if you need some help.

@FloridaGary used a Sonoff relay with the B&D automation interface:

Got all the parts in and is up and running. It's working like it's supposed to. I'm not particularly in love with eWelink app, but it works. I can only see 2 issues that I may come across. One this app will not work without Internet. 2nd I need to find some form of freeze protection before winter. If anybody can help me with this it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The app will work without internet through LAN. Make sure "LAN control" is enabled in the device settings.

As freezing is never an issue where I live, I can't help you with that. I'm glad everything else is working well.

I got the LAN enabled. I'll find out for certain when the Internet goes down again. Thanks. I hooked up the freeze protection, if anybody is interested. I can show you how it's wired and send pictures. Since I only used 3 channels for the pump. I had an extra channel for the freeze protection.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Zob, would you post some pictures please? I'm interested to see how you wired everything and how you setup freeze protection.
As requested. The T-Stat is disconnected from the relay. This goes to the 4th channel on the Sonoff. The com connection is the 5V &1 wire on the T-Stat. The other T-Stat wire goes to the No(normally open) connection. I jumped 3 to 4 on the NO connection. When it's freezing the 2 gold wires will connect. This should activate the pump.

Attachments

• 1690559357574.png
    1690559357574.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Sonoff.jpg
    Sonoff.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.