Gold Supporter
Jun 24, 2022
Donna, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I heard the indoor spa pump making a loud noise so I investigated a bit. There is a small pile of black material in the spa. I figure it's seal material or chips off the impeller. I hope I can identify the pump with TFP help.IMG_20220805_173658018.jpgIMG_20220805_173731666.jpgIMG_20220805_173839157.jpg

Maybe?

How old is your heater? The particles could be rust from an older heater with cast iron headers. Any large particles coming from the pump would be trapped in the filter before getting to the pool.
That is a good point, I don't know how old the heater is. The pump is really noisy, it could be the heat and the pump.

That is a good point, I don't know how old the heater is. The pump is really noisy, it could be the heat and the pump.
If the pump is noisy it is most likely the bearings. Anything large enough to be seen on the bottom of the pool would have to come from something after the filter (like the heater manifolds) unless there is a problem with the filter. A DE filter, working properly (no holes) filters down to between 1 and 6 microns (millionths of a meter). Very tiny.

If the pump is noisy it is most likely the bearings. Anything large enough to be seen on the bottom of the pool would have to come from something after the filter (like the heater manifolds) unless there is a problem with the filter. A DE filter, working properly (no holes) filters down to between 1 and 6 microns (millionths of a meter). Very tiny.
I made a couple of assumptions and jumped to the wrong conclusion. I guess I should have checked the debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.