South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So, we had our final walk down of our install scheduled for next week. As it turns out, all the equipment will be located immediate behind our garage. This was fine for me as we can run all electric and gas through the garage and come through the wall immediately behind the equipment and offer a much cleaner install AND no requirement to bury any gas or electric (other than what goes to the pool).

So I was thinking, why not install the intellicenter/load panel inside the garage?

Any reason this would be a bad idea? Would this even be plausible?

We have to run electric and gas through the garage exterior wall to the equipment anyway.

NEC requires a disconnect within reach of the pump. The IntelliCenter meets that requirement if mounted by the equipment. Also you want the panel controls within reach and sight when backwashing and doing other equipment maintenance.

Reactions: HermanTX
We've only had ours for a few months but it's real nice to have the control center right next to the pump. I don't think it would be a good idea to have to run inside to shut off the system. And it's weather proof.....

Of all pictures I have of the install, I have none of the pump and panel together. :cool:

We wound up installing all the equipment behind the garage. It’s not in a bad spot at all. Literally right out the garage door and 5’ away.
I was able to run a conduit right through the wall and into the low voltage chase of the box for Ethernet and a second cable for serial connection.

Very happy with how easy it was to run everything.

Reactions: Matt F 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.