Increasing CH Opinion Needed

Aug 8, 2016
Columbia, SC
I am working to get my CH up and have the below bag in the storage shed left from the previous pool owner. There are no ingredients listed, but this appears to be Calcium Chloride based on the bag label. Has anyone seen this brand before? Is it safe to use?

Fc 8
tc 8
Ph 7.7
Ta-60
Ch 260
Cya 50

Gunite pool(replastered 7/2016), 20,000 gal, heyward s-240 sand filter, Polaris 280, Pure Chlor SWG

Attachments

• IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 86
Yikes, I added enough to get me up to about 310 or 320. I am basing this off of the recommended levels in the water balancing area on TFP for an SWG plaster pool. It states the level should be between 350-450.

i added about 12 lbs of Calcium Chloride dihydrate earlier today.

My numbers prior to adding today were:
Fc 8
ph 7.4
ta 60
ch 260
cya 50

What do you recommend I do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Going back to what duraleigh notes above, I think it's definitely worth noting in the recommended pool levels for CH with an asterisk or something that CH will rise over time and that you should start at some number (ie,200) and let it drift up, ideally hitting the 350 to 450 mark. Of the "non-evaporate" chemicals, CH seems to be a bit more tricky to manage than CYA or Salt since most folks fill water will add to CH over time.

Thanks again to the forum for the insight and suggestions so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.