Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Just a philosophical question concerning my SWG.

Background: Currently increasing the percentage of runtime on my SWG by 5% increases my FC production by 0.2. In other words, if my SWG at 45% is producing FC=1.9, then if I increase my SWG to 50%, my FC production goes up to FC=2.1. The very same thing happens if I increase the length of time I run my pool pump by 1 hour. For every 1 hour of pump running increase, I increase my FC production by 0.2. I currently run my pump on the slowest speed that it will still produce chlorine through the SWG.

Question: If I needed to increase my FC would it be more economically savvy to increase my pump runtime by 1 hour or increase my SWG production by 5%? I am just wondering if it is better to pay the increase in electricity costs up front or pay the cost of a new SWG when I use up the cell prematurely.

Yes...yes... I know we are talking about minor differences. I just thought it was some interesting mental gymnastics.

Creating the same FC each day with the SWCG uses the same amount of 'life', regardless if you create it in an hour or 24 hours. So increase the % generation is the most prudent, unless you need longer pump run time to skim the surface of the pool adequately.

Creating the same FC each day with the SWCG uses the same amount of 'life', regardless if you create it in an hour or 24 hours. So increase the % generation is the most prudent, unless you need longer pump run time to skim the surface of the pool adequately.

Of course! thank you!

As for the skimming, I have a new solar robot that handles that little problem for me now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.