Increase CYA levels

Grayman43

May 19, 2019
Rockingham, NC
Hello, pool is looking pretty good but have A question about CYA levels. Here are current test results using Taylor K-2006c kit.

FC 4.0
Cc .05
Ph between 7.8 and 8.0
TA 70
CH 300
Cya just barely above 30

my question is Should I raise the CYA just a little more? What about the PH. A little high but dont want to mess with it too much since pool is very clear. Thanks in advance

A pH of 7.8 is fine, but if it looks like it's creeping up into the darker color of 8.0, it's time to bring it down slightly. That's for protection from scale. The FC/CYA balance is what's important for algae prevention and water clarity. As the summer approaches and sun angle gets higher, you'll need more CYA protection, a CYA of 40 or perhaps even 50. You are okay with a CYA of 30 for now if the FC is holding well in a 24 hr period.

Go ahead and raise your CYA to 40 if you want, using granular CYA in the sock method. Use PoolMath to determine how much to use...going from 30 to 40.

I wouldnt mess with your pH until it hits 8.0....then take it down slowly in increments with muriatic acid. Aim for 7.6 or so.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.