In Over My Head

Dec 22, 2020
Dallas, TX
Hey TFP Community - I am excited to find you and hoping that a little community help can make me a more informed, capable and enthusiastic pool owner. We recently moved from an urban market in the Northeast to North Dallas. We now have a private inground heated pool and spa! What a joy, but also, what a pain. From day one, my new pool has been giving me problems and mysteries to solve. Will start sharing now with hopes of connecting with some great advice out there.

hoping that a little community help can make me a more informed, capable and enthusiastic pool owner
Check
Check
Annnnnnnnnnnnd check.

welcome TXPR and start your journey here. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. It’s a lot of new terms at first but take some time to process it, Take a break and read it again. Most of us needed at least a few tries. Testing along while learning helps catch on even quicker.

Which brings up point # 2. you’ll need a reliable test kit that will allow you to run your own tests, not only accurately, but whenever the need arises regardless of the pool store happens to be open at that moment. Check out the TF-100 from tftestkits.net. As a beginner you will test more often and blow through the smaller supplies in the K-2006C also available there. If you want to have to replace it sooner but save upfront, That’s ok too.

Reactions: Mdragger88