In-Ground Spa covers: Latest Recommendations?

davedive

Apr 17, 2017
Westport, CT
Hi have a 6' x 8' in-ground gunite spa that is flush with the pool and spills into it. My original cover (7' x 9') had 2 folds with hard foam in the middle, vinyl cover. It's about 8 years old and has gotten so heavy I can barely manage it- want something new. I took out the foam and see they wrapped it with a plastic sheet and packing tape. I think it's a goner. Looking for recommendations for a good quality cover that is durable but most importantly lightweight. I don't need great insulation because I don't leave it heated. I just heat it when I use it- maybe 1-2 times per week April to Oct- less in the winter. It does not take too long to heat up and even covered it only holds heat for a day or two. So portability is important. Also, shipping cost is probably a factor as I'm on the East Coast. I have contacted belitespacovers who make their covers with an aluminum frame, but not sure they are good. Thanks!

Hello Davedive: The Be-Lite cover is top quality and will last. I own this cover for my in-ground “stand alone” hot tub here in Florida. I used to own a large internet pool/ hot tub supply company called Specialty Pool Products in East Windsor, Ct up until 2007. During my ownership I would estimate that we sold in excess of 15 thousand typical vinyl/foam insert covers. No matter who we purchased them from or how many wraps were used to prevent absorption of water that made the cover fail, this type of cover cannot compare to the Be-Lite. You should contact Jose Padilla at the factory and get it ordered. The company is called poolcoversinc and is located in California. The cover is not cheap. It is delivered by LTL truck freight. Worth every penny. No more waterlogged covers that were warranted for 5 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.