In-Ground Pool Construction St. Louis MO

As for Rocks, in MO they do not work out so well unless you get HUGE ones (like 3") cause of the weather and the mud. Over time the dirt just gets in there and then weeds follow. Hard to clean. So I'm avoiding rocks at this point. If i were in FL it would be a different story!

Wow! Turned out fantastic! Beautiful!! I noticed you have plenty of saw cut joints. How did the deck turn out? Do you see any hairline cracks? Did they use rebar or wire? What PSI did you use? Sorry for all the questions. :)

The deck is not what I would call a "work of art" There are splotches and discolorations. HOWEVER there are no cracks, and it drains well. I have not sealed it in case I want to do something more down the line. They uses a wire mesh that they put over the gravel first. Seems to be holding up well. 3" of concrete I believe. Around the pool is ALL rock. I am hopeful it will do well. I did not put a lot of attention on the deck itself cause prices there would skyrocket in no time, and budget was a concern. The SHAPE was important, but that's about it.

Looks amazing! I'm so jealous that yours got completed so expeditiously.

I'm still dealing with what you were complaining about on the first page of this thread. OTHER JOBS. There are several week days every week that no one will be working because of other commitments. My PB is doing an excellent job on the construction, but they need either more workers or fewer simultaneous jobs. We weren't promised a date, but were tenatively told July. I'll be surprised if is finished by mid September at this rate. They started early April.

Yeah it's an issue. I'm not gonna give my builder's name until it's 100% finished. But so far it looks real good. I started pre production and design on this project back in Oct of 2018. We broke ground in Late March. So up to now it's taken about 10 weeks build time. They have about 1 day's left of chores to do and they are done.

One week in. Pool water is blue and clear. Backwash line was completed yesterday (It goes into floor and out of the shed, so it took a special connection). Only electrical is left from what I know, and some minor clean up. I'll do a full review once the balance is paid. But so far, I am very happy with the results. Landscaping continues to be a challenge due to weather. Ordered a pool test kit in order to stay ahead of stuff.

Ok so the pool is pretty much done. Only remaining element is some outside electric. Nothing that's cramping our style.
The pool is 3'6" down to about 4'6" at the far end. With a 45' pool there is no incline you can feel.
For us, the depth seems to be perfect. Kids can still jump in, but the ENTIRE pool can be used for swimming or talking.
The pool is efficient. Takes about 3 hours to get it up 5 degrees with heater. .62 cents per hour. So that won't be an issue. (Thanks to 4'6")

Getting rid of a deep end cost me diving. But the kids have adapted, and it's saving me a TON of money

Looks like we'll get a lot of use out of this thing.

:)

Attachments

• Volleyball.jpg
    Volleyball.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 50
No offense meant but was the previous comment about this costing $100,000 accurate? Because that seems like twice the price to me. Is STL super expensive?

I don't think so. It really depends on the kind of pool you install. A fiberglass pool would be a lot less. A concrete pool a lot more. I purchased a hybrid. Composite walls with concrete bottom. The walls were also designed to work very well with Eco Finish. The cost to maintain the pool (So far) is amazingly low. No chemicals except a bad of salt was needed during the summer. You may be right, I dunno. But I do know i am very happy with the pool.
Jay

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't think so. It really depends on the kind of pool you install. A fiberglass pool would be a lot less. A concrete pool a lot more. I purchased a hybrid. Composite walls with concrete bottom. The walls were also designed to work very well with Eco Finish. The cost to maintain the pool (So far) is amazingly low. No chemicals except a bad of salt was needed during the summer. You may be right, I dunno. But I do know i am very happy with the pool.
Jay
Thank you for the insight. We have an inground now but about to relocate to STL and considering buying property with a pool or just building one later. But if it’s a significant price tag than we’ll lean towards the former.

Agree, pools are a money pit with little return on investment. Some people wont buy your house cause it has a pool so could be negative ROI in reality
Yeah I am well aware. That's a large part of WHY my pool was so expensive: Eco-Finish last long (When applied correctly) Little or no chemicals needed, I built a pool house for storage and equipment. which will increase the life span, lots of Crud like that. It will still cost money, also the pool has no deep end. It's a sports pool doing from 3ft to 4.5ft Better for Volleyball, basketball etc. Also cheaper to heat, and fill. In 2020 total cost of upkeep for pool including opening and closing was $500

Agree, pools are a money pit with little return on investment. Some people wont buy your house cause it has a pool so could be negative ROI in reality

that's weird to me considering here I would not look at a house without a pool, it's too dang hot here to even think about not having one 😂😂

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.