In-Ground Pool Construction St. Louis MO

Unfortunately, I think this is how any pool builder operates. If I had my builder all to myself, youre right, the thing would be complete in 1 week. I went through a few beautiful days between my install phases sitting around thinking, they could be getting this done right now. In the end, my builder did a great job and we were swimming in just over 30 days.
Thank you for setting me straight. I am very happy with the quality of the pool so far. The delays are frustrating and I wish the communication was better, but this is not a nightmare by any stretch.

Unfortunately, I think this is how any pool builder operates. If I had my builder all to myself, youre right, the thing would be complete in 1 week. I went through a few beautiful days between my install phases sitting around thinking, they could be getting this done right now. In the end, my builder did a great job and we were swimming in just over 30 days.
Cool thanks for setting me straight. in the "big picture" the builder is doing a fine job. Just some frustrating procedural issues. I'll live

Jay

Thanks for setting me straight on this. Builder is doing a good job, I just need to accept this as part of the reality. I do think they would be better served talking about this beforehand. But I'll live

Jay

Don't mean to scare you, but we are 6+months into a 12 week job. We were told 10 to 12 weeks. This company has over a dozen other jobs going on. Weather was a big part of our delays, but there were plenty of missed opportunities. Poor job management once the weather improved. Very frustrating process. Yours doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully they will get on the ball soon.

Don't mean to scare you, but we are 6+months into a 12 week job. We were told 10 to 12 weeks. This company has over a dozen other jobs going on. Weather was a big part of our delays, but there were plenty of missed opportunities. Poor job management once the weather improved. Very frustrating process. Yours doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully they will get on the ball soon.
Actually you made me feel 100x BETTER. My guys have used 4 or 5 days of good weather on other jobs TOPS. So it's not in the same universe as what you are going through. I feel your pain through. Like you, weather has cost us about 2 or 3 weeks on the schedule. They are here right now and have a 9am appt to pour the deck tomorrow. Weather is good for the rest of the week, so HOPEFULLY we could be looking at wrapping this up next week. Hope and pray!
Jay

EchFinish going on tomorrow!!! Good Weather!! FINALLY! They are going over the pool with a fine tooth comb now.. Acid washing it. 2 workers and 1 supervisor. Prep is everything and you can tell these guys are going over every single inch. I think acid wash and epoxy goes on today. Then they spray tomorrow. Tomorrow afternoon, we start filling it.

We're not DONE done, some equipment issues to deal with, but it's all looking very good. Very excited.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure if anyone is even watching this, but we're coming to the end of the line. Ecofinish done. Filling the pool Some loose ends to tie up, but over all we're looking really good. I expect things to be running smoothly this week. One point: We dodged a MAJOR bullett. Ecofinish completed Sat afternoon. MASSIVE Thunderstorm Sat night. Whew. I can hardly wait until the lighting is working. Will take more photos.

Jay

Attachments

• Final Coat.jpg
    Final Coat.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 55
Well we're pretty much done. There are still a few chores but nothing that would change the look. The pool is nice. We're not really gone crazy in it yet. Gonna get our "sea legs" with it then post. Of course there is landscaping still to do, but we're over the hump

Attachments

• Near Done.jpg
    Near Done.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 66
Low maintenance is my goal. The area along the back of the pool will be all Monkey Grass. Only need cut it once per year, and tough as well. Along the top of the wall will be Boxwoods. There's two bushes in each corner, and that's it for now. The rest is grass. I took a photo last night just for fun.

Attachments

• Batman.jpg
    Batman.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Love
Reactions: bmoreswim
Love the idea of low maintenance! We pulled out the twiggy mess of bushes at the front of the house and put in ROCKS! Get a good blower and they are clean again!!

That picture belongs in a magazine!! That is PRETTY!! It IS bright!!

Thanks! The number of lights was a big deal to me, but I deal with lighting for a living, and while I love the smaller lights, they do not have the output or throw of the old style HUGE lights. So I went with 4 along the wall. Thrilled that I did. Very happy with the way it looks. So far the equipment is performing wonderfully. The pool shed kills the noise of the pump by 90%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.