In floor filtration system

Jun 30, 2018
Sacramento, CA
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of selecting a pool builder for my project and one of the companies stated they build in floor circulation systems in all of their pools. I was confused because I thought they meant an in floor cleaning system but they said it was not a cleaner, it was a filtration system. I thought maybe it was some kind of manufactured product but they stated there isn’t one, it’s simply the way they do their plumbing. Has anyone heard of an in floor filtration system? Price wise all of the companies are coming in around the same price so it’s not necessarily more expensive. All suggestions welcome! I have attached a picture of the flyer they left with me.
5c9405e3f81ad60c68f9c408c2794e2a.jpg

To me it looks like the same difference - pool in-floor Cleaning, circulation system. It’s all plumbed effectively the same way. You can remove your cleaning heads and it’s a “circulation system”.

I love my in floor, but previous owners of our house clearly gutted it and didn’t understand the system and I’ve spent hours and dollars rebuilding it and finding parts to fit it. Good thing is I rebuilt it all myself, and my labor is cheap (wink).

Many pool guys and ladies don’t know what these circulation/cleaning systems are, so if you choose to install it, become an expert in it. So many of these non-traditional systems are really money savers for those of us who maintain our own pools, but when owners don’t understand he systems, they refuse to pay for the often expensive upkeep without realizing the real cost savings.

Your flyer is mostly accurate for cost-savings. With my in-floor, I notice better heat distribution, I heated up 18 degrees in 8 hours last spring! Better chemical use and distribution also! I brush my walls and floor maybe 1-2x per month and only vacuum my pool maybe every 4 months. Most traditional circulation systems only circulate the top skimmer water and the return lines are all a foot from the waterline, and not much gets sucked in from the main drain, You can visit my post about my in-floor here on TFP.

Maybe that helps! Good luck and congrats on the pool!

A robot run every day or every other day will do the same things as far as cleaning the walls, etc.. To assist with heating it would need to be run during that cycle.

P,

In most cases simple is almost always better and cheaper... :p

I find their money savings claims to be almost laughable... :p

I suggest you do some more research before installing anything like it..

Thanks,

Jim R

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.