In desperate need of advice

Charlie_R said:
These suggestions are tongue-in-cheek, and are meant as funny ---

Put up a privacy fence? What they can't see they can't tattle. Tell your nosy neighbors to MYOB?

You will find I have one of the best sense of humors and sarcastic attitudes around (hubby is worse lol). We have a fence around the entire .5 acre plus not to mention all the trees - they can't see Crud (did I mention trees... lots of them). I will tell you a story of my neighbors. When we bought the house in 2011 everything was great - seemed like a great neighborhood. They came over greeted us etc... (like you see in the movies). I was thrilled! There were kids all in the cul-de-sac so my kids would have someone to play with.

After a while, it became not so friendly. Then she came over to my house and stated to me "can you please tell your son not to come over here any more and play".. I was floored. How am I supposed to tell my child "don't go over there and play because they don't like you"? They don't like us because we don't have a perfect yard nor can we be out there every second of the day mowing the grass (it gets cut once a week). It is ridiculous.

I am tempted to let it ride and just continue since it isn't visible from the street... but I have that gut feeling THEY will be the ones to say something :blah:

Reminds me of the time a neighbor's dog escaped the yard, threatened a church service being held outside, and ended up in my yard where it attacked me.

Suddenly my kid couldnt play with their kid...

Anyways, I guess you need to protect yourself from the neighbor. I'd be sure to have the rest of the neighborhood kids over for a boisterous, splashy pool party!

So an update to the permit situation:

Talked to the zoning coordinator (funny guy lol) and after finding out that we do NOT have a survey plat for the land nor the build specs from Intex, he asked me a few questions regarding placement of the pool.

I was getting frustrated as I just couldn't understand the need for all this when he stated "well if it was me and you can't see it from the road, I would put it up on a Saturday morning". I about died laughing. He went on to say the only way they would know is if someone complained and he didn't think it was likely. I got nervous and stated "but you have my address now". He laughed and said "I have no idea what you are talking about". Lol

So onward! Since the thunderstorms have passed and it shows clear weather the next 5 days, I will be sanding and painting the rusted legs tonight.

I am going to rent a tiller and till up the soil, screed it with the board and level. Once that is done, renting a plate compactor to tamp the ground solid. Hopefully Saturday I can get the pavers in and begin putting the pool back together and start filling/cleaning.

I did find out bleach prices in my area suck and about the best I can find is $3 a jug so if anyone has recommendations on that I will take them. I don't have membership to Sam 's, Costco or BJ's.

I don't know about your location, but here in podunkville our Ace Hardware has a small pool section. They do carry 10% LC for just over what the grocery sells 8.25%.

Grocery price.....$3.49/121 oz

Ace price...........$4.69/128 oz

Edit: Date codes show the LC is fresher, and has higher turnover than at the grocery. Go figure.....

Last time I was in our Ace (last weekend) there was absolutely nothing for pools.. the store is so small that you can barely turn around in it lol I will stop there today tho on my way home (pass right by it) and see if they have anything now. Since moving here from southern California in 2011, I am not impressed with this state lol

Well got the rust on the legs and joints taken care of :) was going to work on leveling but ground is too wet at the moment.

I am missing 3 of the leg end caps so have to order those.

null.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today....

I ordered the following:

TF100 Test Kit
Skimmer, Brush and Pole
New outdoor electrical receptacle and weatherproof cover
20 bottles of bleach
(8 ) 3/4" 4x8 foam insulation sheets
10 wooden landscape timber logs (8ft)
20 bags of rubber mulch
Heavy Duty Tarp
Gorilla Tape
(2) 50lb bags of pool filter sand
8x8 hand tamper
(2) 27 ft. x 2 in Ratchet Tie-Down

I am determined... lol Most was from Home Depot so hubby will be picking that stuff up on the way home from work today. Some comes from amazon so will get here tomorrow. Tonight I will work on leveling some more :)

So tonight I began digging and placing the timber logs around the perimeter. Still not level so I will work on that and hopefully finish that tomorrow :)

On a funny note .. Found one of the missing leg caps buried in the dirt lol

Some pics of todays work

null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

What a shock here in Virginia... I get off work, go to Ace Hardware to pick up some liquid chlorine (best price I could find) and a new level and sure enough it starts raining.... Grrr

clambert1273 said:
What a shock here in Virginia... I get off work, go to Ace Hardware to pick up some liquid chlorine (best price I could find) and a new level and sure enough it starts raining.... Grrr

The puddles fill help you identify the low spots. Or the high spots, however you choose to see the world. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
lol if it was close to level then I would agree - i needed another good amount of time before this to screed and level :( I hate the rain.... relocating to here from southern California was quite a shock with the weather ;)

I had to pull a permit for my dig and pool. $90 and a deadline of 6 months.

I need to get a move on mine!!! :shock:

Leveling is the hardest. Take your time and it will look good when completed! :goodjob:

Lol Casey... Well my zoning coordinator was cool about it so I figured when we do the big one, then I will get all he is asking for.

6:45am on Saturday and I am leveling ground lol trying to do as much as possible before it rains again *sigh*

Ok well by 8:45 ground is about as level as I can get lol One more round of tamping then pavers going in...

Round 1 of tamping

null-5.jpg

After tamping and about 30 circles with a new board lol

null-6.jpg

Tamping one more time then down to business....

So of course it started raining... The most disappointing thing was getting the pool standing, cleaning the outside of it with bleach (yay). We figured we would put a little water in it to start straightening the liner, legs etc...

And of course even though I leveled 4 milliom times and everything was level paver to paver.. All the water went to one side :(

So tomorrow is getting the small amount of water out and moving it to see what is going on *sigh* so some pics of todays efforts :)

My little helper

null-7.jpg

Marking the spot for the pavers

null-8.jpg

Pavers in and it was showing level around the pool

null-10.jpg

Getting the foam taped up

null-11.jpg

Tarp laid down on top

null-12.jpg

My son put the legs wrong in the holes of the white strap lol

null-13.jpg

Got that straightened and washed off the outside

null-14.jpg

That is it for today lol redo tomorrow :(

Thanks Charlie... The water settling to one side after all the work was certainly disheartening .. I almost said forget it and threw it in the trash lol

Oky doky... It is done :) we believe it is less than an inch out of level and I can live with that (even tho the perfectionist in me is screaming).

Pool is filling up then we will start scrubbing/shocking. Got the sand filter hooked up and as soon as the water hits it I will get that moving. I got the new outlet and cover installed as well :)

So here she is now (rubber mulch all around)

null-15.jpg

null-16.jpg

Thank you for the advice. I spent days upon days reading this place. I got my TF100 test kit and as soon as it fills will be getting those results into the pool calculator. :)

Once completely clean I will give one last pic :)

Shock her right off and start brushing the sides and bottom a couple times a day and she'll clean up real nice! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.