Impressions and long streaks in our StoneScapes plaster.

DanielHobley

Apr 19, 2019
Houston, TX
Hi there,

Our pool was built last summer and filled in July. Shortly after everything was up and running (and the family was swimming), I noticed a few impressions (like the white spot next to the pool vacuum; there are several and you can press your fingertip into them) and streaks. The builder did not have much to say about the impressions and suggested we shouldn't expect a completely smooth surface (and was silent about the rectangular impression altogether). After their plaster guy came out to look at everything, we were told to brush (brush, brush, and brush) to help get the streaks out. It's now January and nothing has changed. I've reached out to the builder again, and I'm expecting their plaster guy to stop by sometime in the next few days. Any thoughts or insight I should have in preparation for their visit? I feel like we were brushed off last time (pun intended).

BTW, the pictures aren't the greatest. You really notice the streaks when it's overcast, and we discovered the impressions while wearing goggles and running our fingers along the bottom.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2355.JPEG
    IMG_2355.JPEG
    585 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2359.JPEG
    IMG_2359.JPEG
    729.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2360.JPEG
    IMG_2360.JPEG
    588.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2364.jpeg
    IMG_2364.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4610.jpeg
    IMG_4610.jpeg
    672.1 KB · Views: 104
Brushing is not going to remove the streaks. Neither will any changes in water chemistry. Pool builders have to tell you something and then they make you feel it is your fault as you did not do it good enough.

They are all variations due to the manual nature of plastering. Every job is unique and few are perfect.

Brushing is not going to remove the streaks. Neither will any changes in water chemistry. Pool builders have to tell you something and then they make you feel it is your fault as you did not do it good enough.

They are all variations due to the manual nature of plastering. Every job is unique and few are perfect.

Understood, and thank you for the informative links. A bit disappointing as far as the builder goes, but not unexpected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.