Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was reading some comments on someone else’s post about low PSI and reasons for it. Sorry I can’t find that post now but I was having the same problem. Low psi and loud racket. Someone mentioned cleaning the pump impeller. I googled how to do that and let me tell you. I had a rock. A stick. A birds nest or something. It was nuts. So I cleaned it out and restarted the pump. Holy cow! My psi shot up from like 5 to twelve and now it’s running like it was new. I was fixin to buy a new pump cause I just thought this one was shot. So thanks mystery people!

Reactions: JamesW and mknauss
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: JamesW
I know why. It sat open for a year out in the yard because I didn’t put it away and I had to wait until January for a new liner. I also don’t have a fancy vacuum and the knock off suction side vac I bought isn’t compatible with my skimmer vacuum lid so I vacuum straight into the pump basket. It was mostly a boat load of pine needles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.