Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

Just checked my bucket. I'd say I passed! Feeling a lot better. Even in cooler temps, pools still evaporate.
It's all about the relative humidity and how much water the air can take. Here in FL, we get the sun in the summer, but it's offset by high humidity and the wet season. The winter, however, is drier air and more sparse but larger storms.

Like anything else, it takes a while to just be normal. Yours will probably take even longer as you didn’t use it. So fast forward a month and you’ll be getting ready for work on a random day and glance out there with it the furthest thought from your mind……….

‘Wait !!!! Hold up. Did I ? ……….. *Glances at pool*. ‘Adult Word’ YEAH I DID !!!!!’

That day is gonna start off good. :) And then 9 days later, 2 more days later, etc, etc, etc.

Over. The. Moon. Happy. For. You.

I'm 3 weeks in and still just stand there and look at my pool for a few minutes every day. And mine was just a resurface!

That's so awesome!

Our build finished at the end of January. My knuckleheads jumped in late February/early March when the water was only 48 degrees! 🥶

--Jeff

I remember when my parents' pool was finished. It was January. Florida January, but still January. My brother and I didn't get out until they noticed our lips turning blue and forced us out!

Reactions: Casey and Newdude
remember when my parents' pool was finished. It was January. Florida January, but still January. My brother and I didn't get out until they noticed our lips turning blue and forced us out
My kids jumped in the 55 degree well water and were gushing about how hot it was. I lasted 15 minutes watching them have all of the fun in the brand new pool and suited up myself. The second I hit the water it made sense. It felt hot alright but it was frostbite.

5 more minutes and everybody out !!!!

But Daaaaaa-aaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaad

No BUT Dad !!! 5 mins. Everybody out. :ROFLMAO:

You did good dad! Cold water is a lot more dangerous than people give credit for! Actual clincial hypothermia takes a while to set in, but that's because your body will start shutting down blood flow to extremeties. As in, those arms and legs you need to keep your head above water. Most people will drown due to either the initial cold shock or losing the ability to swim way before hypothermia sets in.

(Hey, I knew that human adaptation class I took in college for a biology credit would come in use some day!)

Reactions: Casey and Newdude
+1. And it’s the reason they find buck naked people either drowned in cold water or buried in a snow drift. They thought they were hot and the brain cells were devoted to more critical functions than common sense.

Reactions: Snoobug and Casey
Hey miss. I forgot that you’re new to ingrounds for a minute there. The stairs are for getting out and NEVER an acceptable way of getting in. If you absolutely HAVE to post an Instagram story, then fine, Sashay down the steps all sexy like for your post. Any other time you announce your cannonball or slide to the world and then make good on your word. (y)

I kept a watchful eye on her because of how cold it was. I'd of been in in a second, shows n all if she went under. I mean I ran in for my pole earlier that day. Soaking wet shoes n pants. Haha.

We're closing tomorrow. Its getting cold.

And just like that... it's over. Pool is put to bed. Lines blown out. Liquid chlorine and polyquat added. Returns capped. Antifreeze in the lines. SWG off. Fence 100% complete. Called the Inspector n he's out til Monday. The only thing I have to do now is throw grass seed. I'll be heading out here in a minute.

Attachments

• 20211022_111745.jpg
    20211022_111745.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 114
And just like that... it's over
‘Tis better to have loved and lost, they say. :ROFLMAO:

But for real. Next year, you hit the ground RUNNING and it was better to have it done now. Opening is cake, just like you remember, but bigger. In a measly hour or two….. BOOM. Honking big pool.

But for real. Next year, you hit the ground RUNNING and it was better to have it done now. Opening is cake, just like you remember, but bigger. In a measly hour or two….. BOOM. Honking big pool.
hit the ground RUNNING

I believe you meant to say, hit the pool CANNONBALLING!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude and Casey

THEN the REAL torture begins!
You'll have a beautiful BRAND NEW pool sitting there, and you won't be able to get in until the water warms up in a month, or so.
But they ARE pretty to look at. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
THEN the REAL torture begins!
You'll have a beautiful BRAND NEW pool sitting there, and you won't be able to get in until the water warms up in a month, or so.
But they ARE pretty to look at. :ROFLMAO:
I have a heater!

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
I'm honestly ready to put it to bed. I'm also ready to get back to work. I just got my thuja green giants today but were expecting rain all week. At least my grass seed will get watered. I'll put the trees in next week when the system clears out.

And just like that... it's over. Pool is put to bed. Lines blown out. Liquid chlorine and polyquat added. Returns capped. Antifreeze in the lines. SWG off. Fence 100% complete. Called the Inspector n he's out til Monday. The only thing I have to do now is throw grass seed. I'll be heading out here in a minute.
Still lucky that your little one was at least able to try it this year!

Question, I see your fence, what is the size of those mesh? Those are not longer approved here in Quebec / Canada since kids can easily climb. You do not have the same rule where you leave?

To be able to use those type of fence here, the mesh need to be very tiny or you need to had privacy slats. Basically a small kid foot should not be able to fit in.

Still lucky that your little one was at least able to try it this year!

Question, I see your fence, what is the size of those mesh? Those are not longer approved here in Quebec / Canada since kids can easily climb. You do not have the same rule where you leave?

To be able to use those type of fence here, the mesh need to be very tiny or you need to had privacy slats. Basically a small kid foot should not be able to fit in.
The fence is a 5ft chain link fence. Before I bought it, I spoke to my code enforcement officer and he said as long as its 5ft height, with a self latching, outward swinging gate, that I could purchase it to enclose my pool and pass code. We have many pools in the surrounding counties in this area who have chain link fences.

In less than 5byears, you will never see 3 sides of my chain link fence because of the green Giants I used on the inside and outside of the fence. Those evergreen trees will be impenetrable from humans and deer. The gate locking mechanism is at the top of the gate. I don't even think my granddaughter can access it. My fencing is very safe and secure.

Do you know how hard it is to plant between rain in mud?! My boots weighed at least 20lbs a piece! I got it done though. I had to.

Attachments

• 20211023_104832.jpg
    20211023_104832.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211023_145236.jpg
    20211023_145236.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20211023_153834.jpg
    20211023_153834.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.