I’m Tearing My Hair Out

chyr55

Jun 13, 2017
Peoria, IL
I have had algae now for the past three weeks. No matter what I do it won’t go away. My levels are all good but still green water. I’m almost ready to just close it for this season. I did talk to my friend at the pool store and his only suggestion was maybe a bad cartridge in the filter but I got a new one and still green water.

Are you sure its algae? I'm brand new to this, but we filled our pool from the well and it turned green right away. I thought it was algae but it turns out it was just the iron in our water. I can get it clear with a metal sequestrant but it always keeps a green tint. From what I've seen so far if you have algae it should be eating your chlorine like crazy. Are you having to put massive amounts in each day to keep it at the recommended levels? If not, perhaps it's not algae and something else. Once again, total newbie, but since I just made this mistake thought I'd mention it.

Filters do not kill algae.
Please post full test results so the experts can assist.

Some questions.
What is oclt test results?
How much chlorine are you putting in and how often?
Scrubbing and brushing at least daily, better twice a day.
pump on 24/7?

Do you know it was exactly one year ago today you posted a very similar post? What are the odds?

In that post you were recommended the SLAM Process and told that it required a reliable test kit. You never responded, so I'm forced to ask whether you got the kit and completed the SLAM Process at that time. If you did, great! Post up some numbers and we can figure out what's not working right this time.

Do you know it was exactly one year ago today you posted a very similar post? What are the odds?

In that post you were recommended the SLAM Process and told that it required a reliable test kit. You never responded, so I'm forced to ask whether you got the kit and completed the SLAM Process at that time. If you did, great! Post up some numbers and we can figure out what's not working right this time.
I did do the SLAM process last year and it did take care of it. My mom then boke her hip so I wasn't online for a good long while. This year I did the SLAM and it didn't work. I'll get the numbers later today on a new test and post them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.