I'm Stumped

I surely wouldn't be able to read the date on the quarter either! I'm sure it is clear enough (you can see every detail in the deep end including the broken tile laying on the bottom), but duraleigh said this time I need to make sure all of the live and dead algae are removed from the pool before stopping the SLAM. That is where I'm not sure. Do I need to wait till I see nothing when I scrub the pool and clean the robot filters or am I good with how it is today? (see above post) I don't want to stop too soon and have to do this a 3rd time.

I'd say similar to the first one. I can't see anything before moving the brush but once I push the brush I see a poof of stuff (it's not brown now) and that then dissipates into the water. I don't get anything from off the walls now, just a little of that poof, when I brush the floor. It's a lighter color than I was consistently brushing up before. You can barely see it.

When I empty the filters from the robot it looks like sand and something that is sparkly, but it is all hard and touchable. It's less and less through out the SLAM, but now it is minimal.

Ok, thank you. The pool is pretty old and is missing paint in large patches. I have worked, before this slam, to get the CH up. It was 125 and I had gotten it up to 200-250. Would the low CH cause plaster dust or is it something that commonly happens? I've been concerned with the low CH causing issues since the pool was unused since summer of 2013.

Ok, thank you for your help. I hope this is the last time we see algae. The kids and hubby will be happy they can swim again.

I'll keep the FC at 6 instead of 4 per duraleigh's suggestion. Do I need to adjust my CYA accordingly?

I'll make sure to keep up on the brushing, especially the rough plaster area around the pool.

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone could answer the CYA question. Do I need to bring it up if I want to keep the FC higher or can I leave it at 30 and keep a target of 6? It was suggested to keep it higher due to the algae issue and the rough edge around the pool. Thank you!

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone could answer the CYA question. Do I need to bring it up if I want to keep the FC higher or can I leave it at 30 and keep a target of 6? It was suggested to keep it higher due to the algae issue and the rough edge around the pool. Thank you!
You can leave CYA where it is and keep 6 as your target if you wish. As long as FC doesn't dip below minimum for your FC it's fine. But be aware that the higher the FC, the more you lose to sunlight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.