I'm still here :/

Just wanted to confirm that you have read and are following the document for a SLAM -- Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

It is imperative to keep your FC above the shock level based on the FC/CYA chart -- Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

You may have to test and add bleach every two hours or so during the start of this process.

Also -- keep your pump running at all times during the process.

Your signature is no longer showing so if you can check that out it would be helpful.

Good Luck!
Thank's. I'm on my phone and can't get signature to stay? It only does it when I make the original post?

I am following the slam directions. I have them printend out actally. What confuses me is I think I have it all right so I start process and then some levels don't test correctly during slam etc. Or like the cya was right last week then I lowered the level a bit by vacuuming to waste and then suddenly my cya wasn't even registering? So I added some back in and will test tomorrow. Will it test correctly even with the FC so high ?

I'm also struggling with getting the debris out because I can't see the bottom. Thanks for the help !

I think you had an extra battle going on that was using your CYA and FC as food. You have won that battle and things should start to make a turn for the better now! Good job!

Do you have on of these? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Swimline-Ultimate-Leaf-Bagger-for-Pools/19861866 They work GREAT getting leaves and such up! It does add water to your pool so know that and keep it in mind.

To add pics to your post you can use photobucket or such using the IMG code to get it to show inside your post.

Kim:kim:

I think you had an extra battle going on that was using your CYA and FC as food. You have won that battle and things should start to make a turn for the better now! Good job!

Do you have on of these? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Swimline-Ultimate-Leaf-Bagger-for-Pools/19861866 They work GREAT getting leaves and such up! It does add water to your pool so know that and keep it in mind.

To add pics to your post you can use photobucket or such using the IMG code to get it to show inside your post.

You are kidding me lol. That's awesome and would have saved me a ton of time haha. Will have to get one thanks !

At what point should I expect the color to start changing? That sea level has been above 12 for two days now and it is still the same color that it was when I started this process??

It depends -but to move it along faster you test and bring up to SLAM level every couple of hours if you can. Also it helps by trying to remove as much of any remaining debris that is still in he pool. Have you also been monitoring the pressure on your filter?

Have you retested your CYA in the last day or so?

Let us know your current test results. Mainly, your FC, CC and CYA level. Since adding the additional stabilizer, how often are you testing and getting your FC back to shock level? Keep a log of all your test, and chemicals you add. This will help you know if you're using less chlorine each time you maintain level and if CC starts to lower

Let us know your current test results. Mainly, your FC, CC and CYA level. Since adding the additional stabilizer, how often are you testing and getting your FC back to shock level? Keep a log of all your test, and chemicals you add. This will help you know if you're using less chlorine each time you maintain level and if CC starts to lower

Just tested and got cya at 30 but not totally positive. I did it twice and I got about the same both times.

My FC was 14 (28 drops so this is right correct?) my cc was 1 (2 drops)

My FC hasn't been below 12 (my target) since I started this process because someone told me to dump chlorine and retest every ten minutes. I did this and it was barely getting the FC above 4. Then overnight I left it and in the morning it was 17 (goal was 12). It's like the chlorine took a while to test?? So I just added a half gallon this morning because I was going to be gone a few hours and it was testing right at 12 I came back and it's at 14 now. But it's still very green. Can't find a good way to attach pics but color hasn't changed much in two days

I'm still getting some leaves out here and there but like I said it's hard to know if I'm getting it all because I can't see the bottom

It depends -but to move it along faster you test and bring up to SLAM level every couple of hours if you can. Also it helps by trying to remove as much of any remaining debris that is still in he pool. Have you also been monitoring the pressure on your filter?

Have you retested your CYA in the last day or so?[/QUOTE

See my latest post but yes I have been backwashing as the pressure gets high. I retested cya and seems to be 30 but might be a little lower? It's so hard to tell

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Calcium. Get your SLAM completed and then read Pool School - Calcium Scaling.

You will need to look at what PoolMath says your CSI is. And then see if you can manage it in the -0.6 to 0.0 range with the CH and TA you have or how you need to address it.

Take care.

Calcium. Get your SLAM completed and then read Pool School - Calcium Scaling.

You will need to look at what PoolMath says your CSI is. And then see if you can manage it in the -0.6 to 0.0 range with the CH and TA you have or how you need to address it.

Take care.

Do you think this would be causing my water to still be green/not clear at all? It had been at slam level for two days and I'm not noticing a difference. Trying to determine csi level basing it on what pH was before slam process

No. Calcium issues will not cause your water to have algae.

Cloudiness, possibly. But not likely. Only two days in to a SLAM is not long. I would recommend to stay at it.

Take care.

No. Calcium issues will not cause your water to have algae.

Cloudiness, possibly. But not likely. Only two days in to a SLAM is not long. I would recommend to stay at it.

Take care.

OK. I don't see any algae anywhere like I have in the past, nothing floating or on walls just the greenness of the water but I'm assuming that alone means I have an algae problem ? Vs something else ?

Only other thing that makes water green is iron. Normally the water is clear and emerald green. That is one area that you take a water sample to a pool store to get the iron tested. Just don't buy anything.

Only other thing that makes water green is iron. Normally the water is clear and emerald green. That is one area that you take a water sample to a pool store to get the iron tested. Just don't buy anything.

I wonder If that's it?! It has been kinda of turquoisey some and I had to fill with the hose and we have well water that has iron in it. SoI test for it at pool store what do you use to get the iron out if that's the case since I shouldn't buy from them

Ok here's the continuation :) I have continued to slam and am complete now with good FC and cc levels but water is not clear because of other issues. As I suspected it wasn't algae turning it green but the iron in the water. I ended up putting metal free in and it has dropped the iron to the bottom and I am now trying to vacuum it up

We put in new sand two days ago because when we vacuumed on filter it put dirty back into the water and it is still doing it :( so what does this mean? Is something broken ?

Also I do still have scale so I know this is making it cloudy also bit I need to vacuum anD not able to do the right now unless I vacuum to waste bUT every time I do that it messes up my chemicals :/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.