I'm so lost Chorine 0

hilda

Apr 12, 2017
new caney tx
My husband did the absorbic acid treatment to my pool a couple months ago. Everything was looking good. I tested my chemicals Monday here is the results.
4/23
FC 5.5
CC 6.5
CH 225
TA 90
PH 7.5
CYA 55

I though the CH was a little low so yesterday I added some clorox pool calcium hardness to raise it. I also added a gallon of bleach. Didn't check chemicals yesterday got side tracked. Just checked them right now. All my chlorine is gone I don't understand how it went down to zero. Can someone help me. Thanks
New numbers 4/25
FC O
CH 250
PH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 55

You have extremely high combined chlorine (CC), what was CC on your 4/25 measurement?

High CC is indicative of the fact that your FC is reacting with something in the water, you possibly have a nascent algae bloom starting. If so, that's what's consuming your Free Chlorine

How does the water look? Is it clear and sparkly, or is it dull, and (or) cloudy? You probably have an algae bloom beginning if the FC is getting eaten away so quickly.

By the way, with CYA at 55 (round up and call it 60), you should be targeting FC of 7-9 and never below 5. That's probably why something started growing in your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.