I'm so confused--pool size for cleaner

Apr 16, 2015
Rosenberg/TX
Like so many others here, I'm looking to change my pool cleaner. Had a couple of Polaris 9300 series cleaners that lasted one maybe two seasons. At a grand a pop, that's just too much for so little.

Leaning toward a Dolphin Nautilus CC. But I'm seeing some of these advertised for pools 35ft, 50ft and even a 40ft. I'm assuming that this is the length of the cord? Or the length of the pool or maybe both?

For what its worth, here are my requirements:
1) Needs to last more than one season
2) needs to climb walls and get to the waterline
3) pick up sand or sand-like particles
4) would be nice if it could climb stairs
5) Would be GREAT if it could hit the "splash pad" but I have yet to see a cleaner say it can do that.
6) Easy access to baskets to make emptying and cleaning quick and easy

I don't care how long it takes, nor do I need a phone-app or be able to direct to a spot on the floor.

So is the Nautilus CC a good fit for us?

The Nautilus is an Internet only model so less warranty. The Active20 is essentially the same thing but you buy it through a store or by phone and get a longer warranty.

The Active20 should meet most of your criteria. It needs a minimum water depth of a couple feet of water to operate in.

The Nautilus is an Internet only model so less warranty. The Active20 is essentially the same thing but you buy it through a store or by phone and get a longer warranty.

The Active20 should meet most of your criteria. It needs a minimum water depth of a couple feet of water to operate in.

The numbers elude me at the moment.. A20 also changes model number & shell colors depending on which wholesaler the dealer uses.

Specifically for warranty issues, at least one of my credit cards doubles the warranty up to 3 years. I haven't had to deal with them for a long time, so I don't know what hassles or exceptions there are. May be worth investigating this route to increase the warranty to get even longer functional operation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.