I’m scared to add this much liquid shock!

Kfrey

Jul 18, 2014
Ocean View , DE
I have a 33k in ground. There is algae. Here are my numbers
FC 6.6
pH 7.3
Cya 80
Alkalinity 40
When I did the calculations, it’s saying to add 975 oz of 10% liquid chlorine... I’m scared to add that much to the pool at one time! How do I make sure it doesn’t bleach the liner???? Help!!!!

I think Tim misread something ... the CYA is 80ppm so shock level would be 31ppm so around 1000oz of 10% is correct.

You will just have to trust us that it will not fade the liner ... assuming your CYA is in fact 80ppm and your pool is 33k gallons.

Also, when you test the FC, use 10ml of water so that each drop is 0.5ppm ... save some reagents.

How should I add? To the skimmer?
With the pump running pour it in front of the returns in the side of the pool. Mine has 5 returns and I pour a little in front of each one. The goal is to get it mixed into the water as quickly as possible.

Pouring into the skimmer is not really good for the mechanicals of the pumping system.

How should I add? To the skimmer?
No. Never add chemicals directly to the skimmer.

Pour slowly at the return water into the pool. Use your brush every couple bottles. Put your pump at a higher rpm for 15 minutes or so after adding. Then you can reduce your pump rpm to a lower speed. Run your pump 24 hours per day during SLAM.

Alrighty then.... I was able to get 6 gallons in.. that’s all I have. It’s 11:30 pm here so I’ll get more ASAP in the morning and add. The algae wasn’t that bad so maybe this will do the trick? I know, I know follow the SLAM rules. Anyway, going to check first thing in the morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.