I’m not an idiot but I feel like one

Different term same thing. I've seen them called storm drains, storm sewers, and rainwater runoff. Using your terminology it's a storm drain. Definitely not a sanitary sewer.
Ya learn something every day here on TFP, even if it's not pool related. :)

Reactions: setsailsoon
This is fine if you are draining. But for an exchange, you need match out with in. So normally you use a garden hose (3/4" is best) for the effluent. That way your fill water can keep up.

The best for a true drain, is to rent a full power sump pump from Home Depot, etc. They can move 3000+ gallons an hour. You need a place to put that water, a sewer cleanout can get overwhelmed at that rate.

There was earlier discussion that a Pebble Tec pool does not cause worry for drain and refill. I am making suggestions on how to do that as quickly as possible.

The 1/3rd HP pump should do 2760 gal/hr at 0 feet and 2160 gal/hr at 5 feet.

Hi. Thanks for everyone’s help. I did a simultaneous drain on Saturday but that didn’t do much to lower cya levels. I did a drain then refill on Sunday.
I really hate the black dot test. I’ve read all the tips and tricks for it... back to the sun, hold test by the waist, do the hokey pokey, blink 20 times...ok some of that was made up but you get the point.
Initial test Monday morning
FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 8.0
TA 130
CH 275
CYA 70-80?

since then I’ve added a total of gallon of liquid chlorine and 37 oz of muriatic acid... not at once... spread out since Monday morning.
uodated test results
FC 3.6
CC 0
Ph 7.7
TA 130
CH 290
Cya 60-70?

So now what?

Hi. Thanks for everyone’s help. I did a simultaneous drain on Saturday but that didn’t do much to lower cya levels. I did a drain then refill on Sunday.
I really hate the black dot test. I’ve read all the tips and tricks for it... back to the sun, hold test by the waist, do the hokey pokey, blink 20 times...ok some of that was made up but you get the point.
Initial test Monday morning
FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 8.0
TA 130
CH 275
CYA 70-80?

since then I’ve added a total of gallon of liquid chlorine and 37 oz of muriatic acid... not at once... spread out since Monday morning.
uodated test results
FC 3.6
CC 0
Ph 7.7
TA 130
CH 290
Cya 60-70?

So now what?

You round the CYA up to 70, so you should shoot for 8-10 FC, with a minimum of 5. Your other numbers look good. You can work with 70 CYA. Good job!

Yes, good job! Like the last two posters have stated just add enough chlorine to get you to about 9 FC, and then test and repeat daily to keep it there. After a while of daily testing you will come to know how much FC your pool is consuming every day, so you'll be able to test less frequently. I try to test pretty frequently in the AZ summer.

How does your pool look?

I added chlorine and the FC is up to 6. I also added muriatic acid but the ph is still 7.7. Should I try to get the ph down more? The calcium is climbing a bit on its own but the water is hard and has calcium. So I kinda laugh when pool math says to add calcium. The pool is clear. I’m not gonna do the quarter test but I’m pretty sure I could read whether it’s heads or tails. The pool water was clear before the drain. I could see where my dog kicked in tiny pebbles when she did her zoomies and I would have to try to get them out.

Attachments

• DDE3F5BB-9964-4D06-8B92-183F821037C3.jpeg
    DDE3F5BB-9964-4D06-8B92-183F821037C3.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.