"I'm new, please be patient with me.

Jun 23, 2017
Canonsburg, PA
First thread, I decided to look for help from some good people who have some of the same issues i am experiencing. I am a newbie but have a pretty good "basic" knowledge of pools and chemicals but get a little confused sometimes on which way to go or options to take.

I am sick of being mislead by the pool stores and have recently experienced the "yoyo effect" and have been hemorrhaging cash. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.........well i am trying to prevent that.

i have been browsing and notice a lot of good people trying to get other good people out of a jamb and have to say i am impressed with the honest knowledge and explanations of advice given.

looking forward to some serious wisdom. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

First, please edit your signature and add the following information so we can better frame our answers to you.

• List what test kit you use to test your water
  • The size of your pool in gallons
  • If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
  • If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
  • The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
  • If you know, tell us the make and model of your pump and filter.
  • List any other equipment you have: SWG, second pump, etc.
  • Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Information in your signature will show up each time you post and it makes advice more accurate as we know what equipment we are dealing with.

Then, give us a little more information on your pool. Latest test reading and how does it look?

As you have probably seen, we base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. If you don't have a kit order a TF100 test kit so you can take control of your pool.

Welcome! :wave:

Once you get a proper test kit and start doing, a light bulb will go on and you'll understand what's going on. And when that happens, it's all downhill and before too long, daily pool care becomes as mindless and time-consuming as brushing your teeth.