I'm gonna let it go green

Rollercoastr

Gold Supporter
May 18, 2016
West Bloomfield, MI
I pulled out my TF-100 and SpeedStir the other day and to my horror, my magnetic stirrer is missing from it's home in the little tray it shares with the scoop. Last seen on Christmas Day, when I may have tested after a few too many cocktails. (ahem - that's Absolute-ly what happened)

I tested the water by manually swirling the vials. I glanced up to make sure my NestCam was off. I'd hate for someone to witness me looking so foolish. I don't know how people can live like that.

Maybe I'll just go to the Pool $tore, cover my eyes and hand them my MasterCard and say, "give me some magic - I don't want to know the details!"

I'd have to fish that pellet out of the garbage disposal at least twice each time I test, negating any "convince" it may offer. Besides, I can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time, so dripping, counting, swirling while watching for color change/end point is not an issue.
emoji2.png
:stirpot: ::epds::

I also have lost/re-purchased many a magic bean over time. I think it would be easier to find them if they were florescent orange or something. I toss out my test liquids into the grass and whoops...!

Maddie :flower:

Okay everyone....................I see another thing to add to people's shopping list! A small colander to pour the samples into to catch the magic bean before it sprouts wings to the great cloud! Of course that would be another thing to find a space for LOL

Says the MOD who does not have a magic stirrer :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My son was in college (Biology) when we got our test kit magnetic stirrer << he was amused. I LOVE the stirrer, personally!
It's just a mini version of what he's undoubtedly used in chemistry class at school. Magnetic stirrers are used in chemistry for the same reason we use it, titration. I remember being in Chem 101 several years ago (I'm 26) and doing titration with about a 100 mL sample and a magnetic stirrer. The color indicator was clear and then the solution went pink/red when titration was done (basically inverse the colors of our FAS-DPD test).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.