NY, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I like to think of myself as a generally knowledgeable person. There are lots of topics I know some things about, and I'm a frequent visitor to several internet forums on topics where I can answer questions or give advice.

Pool maintenance is not one of those topics.

Like many others, we put in our pool last summer, and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. My pool builder was no help at all, and I have a local shop but I don't fully trust them. So I've posted a lot of questions here, and every one has gotten prompt and thoughtful answers. It's not even just a case of saving money... I'd really be dead in the water (so to speak!) without the advice I've gotten here. Take @JamesW's trick for getting an FPH to masquerade as solar for example. I really can't see anybody else coming up with that.

Today I decided to make a donation, selfishly I suppose, so that I can continue to leech off of the collective knowledge and wisdom here without feeling guilty! I'll continue to pay it forward, answering questions elsewhere on topics where I'm qualified, and also continue to be grateful for all of the help and support I've received here. Long live TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.