I'm a failure for father's day

I would keep brushing the heck out of it. When you have a rough surface the nooks and crannys can hold micro particles. I read that you had clouds when brushing and that's a sire fire sign you had stuff hiding in that old plaster probably embedded in there from the swamp you drained out. Your almost there your using alot less FC. I would adjust CYA 2moro evening to where you need it and just stay on the high side of things for a few days and keep an eye on it. Test it afternoon and evening by now you should have a pretty good idea how much to add to get where you need to be. Also remember bathing load plays a part in consumption. I had a few young kids over last weekend slathered in sunscreen and I burned thru chlorine like nothing I actually had to dose heavy with liquid

Bille,
Your doing good. Don't bother testing for anything else except FC. Don't waste energy on CC testing. When the chlorine starts to hold its own you can check then. As Jimmythegreek said and I concur bring the CYA up to the for sure 30 mark so it'll prevent less UV theft of chlorine.

Last edited:
I suspect your additions aren't getting you to your target. Try going back to 15K. I still think your close to being done. Give it another good scrubbing like you did yesterday.

I was thinking this yesterday. I bet it's more then 12k. But 15k vs 12k is only a difference of 3oz per ppm. Since I've generally been keeping it at 15fc vs my target of 12fc, this shouldn't be an issue having it either way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
True but if your targeting 15 & only getting to 13.5 then its not dropping as much as you think at the next test. Also your testing may not be the most accurate. It shouldn't have dropped from 13.5 to 11 from 11 pm to 3 am (4 hours) then drop from 11 to 10 in the next 6 hours. Don't get stressed out over every test as you are making good progress.

True but if your targeting 15 & only getting to 13.5 then its not dropping as much as you think at the next test. Also your testing may not be the most accurate. It shouldn't have dropped from 13.5 to 11 from 11 pm to 3 am (4 hours) then drop from 11 to 10 in the next 6 hours. Don't get stressed out over every test as you are making good progress.

I can test the test. I have two kits, the tfp one and the Taylor one. Almost all of the numbers I've posted here are from the Taylor. Both kits where purchased in the last week. The Taylor has an expiration date
April 2021

I haven't tested the water in 2 hours since I brought it up to what I think was 13. I'll do two water tests with each kit using the same water.

Taylor test 1: 10fc
Taylor rest 2: 10fc

tfp test 1: 10.5fc
tfp test 2: 10 fc

note the common parts of the test are the blue scoop and the plastic cylinder I mixed it with.

next I'll add 77oz of 12.5% which based on 15k gallons should take it from 10fc to 15fc.

next I'll test the water 3 times, 10 mins apart to see if it's going up or down

10 mins test: 13fc
20 mins test: 12.5fc
30 mins test: 11.5fc

Whenever you go to buy liquid chlorine don't get the stock that has been sitting in the sun, as it will degrade more quickly. Also there should be a date code on the bottle that will tell you when it was made. Look up "Julian date code" on your phone and it should tell you how to read the date code on the bottle.

Whenever you go to buy liquid chlorine don't get the stock that has been sitting in the sun, as it will degrade more quickly. Also there should be a date code on the bottle that will tell you when it was made. Look up "Julian date code" on your phone and it should tell you how to read the date code on the bottle.

The store I buy it from sells out every week so they are getting weekly shipments. The date code is 20183, which I believe is July 1 of this year. Sucks because they have the best price I've found for it at 5.75 a gallon

The store I buy it from sells out every week so they are getting weekly shipments. The date code is 20183, which I believe is July 1 of this year. Sucks because they have the best price I've found for it at 5.75 a gallon
Wow! That's a lot! Usually a salt conversion is about break-even on cost. In your case it may payout to convert.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.