IG pool anatomy...??

Jun 6, 2016
Muskogee Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good Afternoon....I just have a quick question, b/c I'm clueless.... bought a house with a huge IG pool (18'x36') 10' deep on deep end. I know the skimmer, and return ports (ours has 2 on deep end-no idea what previous ownerships have done) the 2 on deep end are staggered more or less on top of each other, about 18" apart, and one return by steps on shallow end. THEN there is a port for 'something' 1/2 between deep end and shallow end with a cap about 10" down from edge of pool. Took cap off, nothing, no flow or suction best we can tell. Any clue what this port is for? Should have taken a pic but didn't think about it.
Thanks for any feedback...

Welcome to TFP!! :wave:

Could be a lot of things, pressure port for cleaner, vacuum port for vacuum, could be an equalizer for a skimmer, could be portal to an alternate universe! (Kidding on the last one).

To help us can you post pictures of your equipment pad so we can see everything? That will help us sort it out.

Welcome to TFP!! :wave:

Could be a lot of things, pressure port for cleaner, vacuum port for vacuum, could be an equalizer for a skimmer, could be portal to an alternate universe! (Kidding on the last one).

To help us can you post pictures of your equipment pad so we can see everything? That will help us sort it out.
Thanks for the input. Is there a way to "test" to see if it is for the vacuum? We thought about that but no clue how to test to see? I hate to sound like a ninny lol but I def don't want to play around and screw something up! I already broke the multiport valve and had replace that.

Thanks for the input. Is there a way to "test" to see if it is for the vacuum? We thought about that but no clue how to test to see? I hate to sound like a ninny lol but I def don't want to play around and screw something up! I already broke the multiport valve and had replace that.
Can't answer your question without pictures of your equipment pad. 🤟

With the pump running is there water coming out? Yes - pressure cleaner port (may or may not have a booster pump).
Is there a valve in front of the pump? Open it partially and feel if there is suction with the pump running. Don't cover it with your hand completely. Yes - suction cleaner port. If so, it should have a spring-loaded cover, like the picture, for safety.
1659573572380.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.