IG Liner Sags * Pic Posted

Jul 25, 2013
Eastern PA
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

We are opening our very small 12 x 20 in ground liner pool and have a question. After removing the cover, we notice 3 sags in the liner. Is there a simple way to fix this or is it a huge problem? The water level is low due to when we closed it. We are wondering if we will have to drain more water in order to fix the liner or if we can continue to open the lines and get the filter running. The pool is only 2 years old. I have a call into the pool installer, but figured I would post here as well. I've included a few pics. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. IMG_5760.jpg IMG_5761.jpgIMG_5761.jpg

Last edited:
No.
the half round white edging is the coping. There is a liner track groove where the liner bead goes that is actually part of it. The coping is concreted in anyhow. Theres no way to remove it.

Lowering the water level will give you more liner material to help stretch it back up and get it back into the liner track.
Like isaac says, its simple in theory, but can be extremely frustrating and you need some very strong fingers. On top of that, you will prolly be lying on your tummy trying to do it. Knee pads help. (ask me how i know!)

Do we have to take off the 1/2 round white edging to pull the liner back up?

Hot day--------hair dryer/heat gun--------STREEEEEETCH!

I second the hot day but I'd use hot water on the liner. If you go with a hair dryer, be very careful with it around the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.