If you need a test kit, careful with TF-100 orders. USPS is taking an absurd amount of time.

Apr 28, 2020
Northern Nevada
Ordered a tf-100 test kit from tftestkits on May 1st. And as you can see it's been in transit for 10 days and not even 1/2 way across the country.

If you need a test kit urgently, a Taylor from Amazon might be the better option until the USPS gets things straightened out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200512-141121_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200512-141121_Firefox.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Amazon was over a month with my last order. It is all over and with all of the carriers.

I do caution ordering test kits and regents from Amazon as several members found some of the regents to be out of date in the past. Make sure to check each bottle for the date on the side of it.

My last package arriving through the USPS disappeared for two weeks in Detroit before finally making its way here. Hardly where I would choose to vacation at that time of year, but guess it had other plans.

I second Kim's comment: I always discourage ordering the k-2006 from Amazon. Some sellers just don't bother clearing out unsold stock. If it is available locally, sure. That gets it in your hand that day. But if ordering online there's no reason to suggest a random Amazon seller (that could end up sending via USPS anyway) over anybody else.

Hhmmm.. I have ordered 3 times in the last 4 weeks and most of my orders arrived in 4 days. Sorry to hear you're having problems. You might give them a call.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am fairly certain you meant to say May 1, Not April 1.

TFTestkits ships virtually EVERY order within 24 hours of receipt and more often than not, ships on the same day you order.
The problem isn't with the sender, it's with the carrier, every idiot and his sister is ordering nearly everything online. Couriers and the post office, got slammed with Christmas freight volumes. Normally in October, they take on a lot of extra staff, they can get those people trained, and add them to the system by mid November., when things start to really get busy. The big difference, is that most couriers will scan an item as a pickup, then as it passes through each station it gets an arrival scan and a departure scan, a lot of this is automated now, freight passes through a machine that scans it measures the dimensions and weighs it. These machines are massive, cost millions of dollars, but do catch the guy who sent a 100lb box that says it weighs 1lb.

@HighDesertPool it looks like you ordered the night of May 1, not April 1, and it shipped, per our policy May 2nd. Unfortunately, once it leaves my hands it is at the mercy of the postal service. I will keep an eye on it and if there is no movement by tomorrow, feel free to call me at 919-528-1454

@HighDesertPool it looks like you ordered the night of May 1, not April 1, and it shipped, per our policy May 2nd. Unfortunately, once it leaves my hands it is at the mercy of the postal service. I will keep an eye on it and if there is no movement by tomorrow, feel free to call me at 919-528-1454
Yes, May 1st was the order date,. my mistake, origional post has been fixed to reflect that.
Agreed 100% this isn't on you guys. As the tracking showed it left within 1 day. Which is actually quicker than most companies send out stuff.
My frustraion is fully on the USPS as the delay is obviously on them. I also understand they are currently getting slammed. However close to 2 weeks shipping seems a bit beyond even typical shipping delays. When I saw it stalled out in Detroit for 7 days, the "why cant we swim in the pool?" questions, answered with "we dont have a test kit yet" become repetative.
The reason for my initial post was just my frustraion that had I bought a Taylor from Amazon I would have been swimming during this last nice mid 80s weekend.
Thanks for your time and response. Hopefully the last mile will be happening soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.