If it ain't broke, should I fix it?

These are the results I got today, using the TF100 kit from TFP. Thankfully, the pH is actually just fine. I repeated the tests with the strips from my Acucheck 7 and still got a pH of 6.8. I think it's safe to say there's a significant error in the Acucheck strip test.
Thanks so much everyone!
------------------------------------------
Test Results 02-07-2019 @ 11:15 am
------------------------------------------
Free Chlorine: 6.5
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
pH: 7.5
Total Alkalinity: 70
Calcium Hardness: 250
CYA 60
Salt. 1440

Good job. Follow the recommended ranges. Your current data is great. Salt will have to come up when you want to start your SWCG.

Good job. Follow the recommended ranges. Your current data is great. Salt will have to come up when you want to start your SWCG.
We have a Pool Pilot Digital Nano. It runs 4 hrs/day when the pump is on. It gives me a salt reading of 3100 ppm. That's so far off from the 1440 I got from the Aquacheck strip. I think I'll clean up the Pool Pilot & recheck it's reading, while I buy some salt just in case.

I would suggest getting a Taylor 1766 salinity test. The test strips, for most anything, are not very accurate.

Do not add salt based on your SWCG readout or a strip.

Reactions: Gregadaka
Wow spot on! Don't forget to download the TFP testing app so you can record and compare your pool readings over time as well as track any additions you make to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.