Ideas needed - above ground pool install

Aug 6, 2018
Wilmington
Hello,

We are in the midst of installing a 12x20 above-ground pool and I could do with some advice/ideas.

A patio extension is going to go in next to the pool and the plan is to backfill the dirt up to the side of the wall. That will leave approximately 36 inches between the ground and the top of the pool wall.
On the other side of the pool, ground to the top of the pool is 54 inches but we intend to backfill a few inches of dirt and put stones around the side etc.
The ultimate plan is to get a deck at the far end with some stairs leading from the patio.

The easiest but least aesthetic looking is to have a 24" above ground pool fence around the perimeter of the pool. This will satisfy building regs that need a 5ft fence around the pool. Another option I have considered but no idea how it will look is to have a fence around the pool that comes across the patio and will include a gate. I am not sure how this will look, given the land is sloping. Am I missing any other ideas/thoughts with regards to fences for pools?

1618405297935.png

I am not 100% sure of what you mean with "a 24" above ground pool fence".

I see the white fence on the side of your property. What is on the other side and back? Why are you thinking of just doing around the pool instead of the yard?

am not 100% sure of what you mean with "a 24" above ground pool fence".
The pool/fence combo that sits on the top rail so that the pool itself is 5ft tall and satisfies the height requirement.
see the white fence on the side of your property. What is on the other side and back? Why are you thinking of just doing around the pool instead of the yard
+1. Fence off the whole pool area on the unseen side if it isn’t already and then you only need door/window alarms for inhabitants of the house.

the white fence in the picture is 6ft, to the left of that in the picture we have a 4ft chainlink fence that goes around the rest of the property.
Crud. So you need another foot around those 2 sides which puts us back to the more economical yet less asthetic pool wall fence. :confused:

@Newdude yeah, thats the dilemma. I was thinking of maybe not backfilling dirt around the pool on the 36" side so technically you have a gap (trench) between the patio and pool, and then somehow modifying the pool fence to be 12 inches instead of 24, but no idea how to start that. The only other thing, would be to put a fence around it and then it go across my existing patio with a gate etc.

Reactions: kimkats and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.