IChlor30 not producing chlorine

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Hi all,

My iChlor at 4400 hours has stopped producing chlorine, all lights are green, I don't see a dirty cell. I added new salt and set it to 100% and nothing. Any clues where I should start troubleshooting? I bought the SWG in June 2020.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

If your cell light is green, then most likely the SWCG is making chlorine. Cells can only make a limited about of chlorine. Algae, even if you can't see it yet, can consume the chlorine faster than the cell can make it. If you have no CYA in the water the sun can consume the chlorine faster than the cell can make it.

How long do you run your pump and cell each day? What % of output is the cell set for?

When you set the cell for 50%, do you see the cell light come on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for 2.5 minutes? (Note that the 2.5 minutes is what the IntelliChlor will do at 50%. I assume that the iChlor does the same thing, but do not know that as a fact.)

As a test, I suggest that you shut off the SWCG and add enough liquid chlorine to bring your FC up to 7 to 10 ppm. Then go back in a couple of hours and retest and see if you have about the same reading or if it has dropped significantly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.