ICF 20'x40' Owner Built

Do you mean the icf panel? I probably should have but I didn’t. There wasn’t any room between the icf and the dirt wall. As far as sealing the concrete I plan to do that but have to wait for the concrete to cure longer. I have used cure n seal on concrete in the past but the concrete specialty store was out and thought it might make the deck more slick.
yeah that is what I ment, icf needs to have a waterproof membrane for longevity. otherwise it eventually soaks and loses it's r value, however, I don't really think this is a necessary for your application. it was more of a quick pool build not so much as an insulation factor. still impressed by this.

Pebble sheen completed yesterday and contractor just finished the acid wash. This was the first part of the pool that got contracted out. Happy to see the finish line and start relaxing! Still need to
  • hook up the gas line for the heater
  • Wire up a switch for the pool lights
  • Fencing
  • Pool cover walk on cover install
  • Hand rail install
  • Diving board install
  • Scrub the walls and balance the chemicals during startup
  • Hookup the control panel and raspberry pie for automation.
  • Add salt and setup the swg
but none of that will prevent us from testing it out!

Thanks for everyone’s advice! Hopefully this will last us for a good couple decades before I have to think about resurfacing or any major repairs.

So i returned from a work trip last last night. Unfortunatly I was out of state while the plaster happened. Plastered Tuesday, acid wash Wednesday then fill started. I expected to see a a lot of water.

When I arrived home late Thursday night there were only a couple inches in the pool. This seemed odd since it had been filling overnight and all day. Found out the plaster company pulled the plugs out not realizing they went to the ground. Couldnt find the plugs last night and big box stores where closed so I shoved some potatoes into the drain opening so it could start filling. I have about 3 feet now in the deep end. Also noticed some cracks on one side of the pool plaster. Plaster company said they are hydration cracks and will disappear once plaster is covered with water and fully hydrates. 🤔 Sure hope they are right!

Attachments

• IMG_6422.jpg
    IMG_6422.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 26
  • pool-filling.jpg
    pool-filling.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Well darn!!! that is a gurrrrrrrr for sure :( I would put this in writing and email it to him expressing your concerns. Keep your email and any thing he says back. I am hoping you will not need this stuff in writing but better safe than sorry.

It will be interesting to see how the cracks do with water over them. Get you some good goggles so you can really see them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.