IC60 zero salt indication

There's a tag that looks like a Harwil tag. I was wondering what the model number is from the tag.

The document says that the old switch is not compatible with the new cell.

So, is the new switch compatible with the old cell?

If green and black are common, then the old switch should work with the new cell.

Does the cell currently read the temperature correctly?

Press and hold the More button until the lights scroll and then release the button and note which percentage lights light up.

Then, immediately press and release the More button again and note which percentage lights light up.

Did your temp test. The 60% and 80% lights come on. Actual pool temp is 75 degrees.
I did not get a model number from the switch. Unit is working great now so I am not going to tear it apart.
3 wire switch works with 4 wire cell and 4 wire switch works with 4 wire cell. I do not know if any cell ever had 3 wires.

Gary

Reactions: JamesW
We recently in June had a Pentair Warranty tech replace ours. I believe he said the old p/n was 520736 and the new one is 523100. We waited a week for him to come out & took time off work for his 5 minute job. Will Pentair warranty the warranty part if less then 6 months ago & their tech installed it? Yes I will call & hoping the bad batch they must have had of these or a new one will fix my same as your zero salt reading as it did our before as well. I think I will buy a spare as well once I know the "newest" part number.

Last edited:
520736 is the flow switch for the IntelliClor cells. 523100 is the flow switch for the iChlor cells. It looks like it is the same part for both cells.

I think Pentair is shipping the new design flow switch under the old 520736 part number.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeamNelson
I purchased the 520736 last October (2018) on Amazon and I just noticed it failed (although I suspect it failed sometime during the summer). The replacement for the IntelliChlor line is the 4-wire version. The iCHLOR replacement looks like it only has 3 wires. They all still look like Harwil parts.

I've decided I'm not going to bother with these anymore. The flow switch works fine so I'll leave it in place and I'll just use a Pentair Air/Water thermistor instead. I'll drill a hole in the pipe just before the IC and add the thermistor there and then splice the wiring into the IC40. The in-pipe air/water thermistors are rock solid and never fail. The originals that I had installed back in 2013 are still going strong.

All,

This thread is loaded with great reference information! It also sort of validates the decision I made recently to move to Pentair after my lightning strike. A large factor was their reputation for superb customer service. Thanks to Gary for starting this and for the contributions from Jim, Matt, James, Allen and others.

I'm bookmarking this in my Pool Stuff reference folder.

Chris

520736 is the flow switch for the IntelliClor cells. 523100 is the flow switch for the iChlor cells. It looks like it is the same part for both cells.

I think Pentair is shipping the new design flow switch under the old 520736 part number.

If Pentair is doing that, then they’re violating standard manufacturing practices - you never use the same part number for a field replaceable unit (FRU) if there is a change in the product. Or, at the very least, you issue part numbers with revision codes to differentiate. The reason being is that the end user has no way of knowing if the part they’re receiving is the newer version or older version. It opens customers up to being scammed by a vendor that may have an inventory of old parts.

I really hope you’re wrong on this because if you’re not, then in my mind Pentair is being very deceptive. It may not rise to the level of being illegal, just very deceptive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.