IC60 Very Low Salt - K1766 Disagrees, Lack of Timely Help from Pentair

It should be 3 or 4 wires.

From the instructions, it seems like the cell comes with a green wire but it's not used for replacement flow switches.

This is shown in the last video.

You can try to strip off the outer jacket to expose the wires inside without cutting the internal wires and then cut the green and white wires or you can just cut through the whole wire and then reconnect only the red and black wires.

I couldn’t sense from that how the three wires work as most of that states to wire a third party sensor to green and white.

Do you have 3 wires or 4 wires?

What color wires do you have?

Thanks, it seems basically the green is no longer used if you get a new flow switch with an old unit. Did I read that right?

That’d mean if I disconnect just the white wire, in spirit that should default me to 77. That’s how I read it.

Agreed.

See what wires you have and cut the white wire.

If there is also a green, cut that as well.

LOL, so much for that. Flow sensor is dated 11/2018. I did get the grey cable cut clean and 4 wires. RBGW. Cable on the flow sensor is dated 06/08/2018.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From the last video and from the instructions, it seems like the cell has a green wire.

I would assume that green and black are both ground.

So, I would assume that you could probably connect a separate temperature sensor to the white and black wires, but I don't know for sure.

I'm guessing that the black wire connects to one side of the flow switch as ground and one side of the temperature sensor as ground but I don't know for sure.

I would cut the green and white wires and then see what the salinity reads when you start it back up.

Tape the ends of the cut green and white wires so that they don't make electrical contact with anything.

Cut just the white. Figure maybe the green isn’t connected in the cell. Testing now.

Attachments

• C166658C-723F-4A14-BB10-872D595CB3BC.jpeg
    C166658C-723F-4A14-BB10-872D595CB3BC.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 60
I would cut the green and white wires and then see what the salinity reads when you start it back up.

Tape the ends of the cut green and white wires so that they don't make electrical contact with anything.
Trying just white first since maybe the green isn’t in the cell? Will tape but these are so tiny it’s actually difficult to cut.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Who’s making chlorine now??? This guy!!!

Attachments

• 6B34DF51-183C-463D-8627-BCCBD700EDEF.jpeg
    6B34DF51-183C-463D-8627-BCCBD700EDEF.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: JamesW
App is back to reading double hyphen though (had this issue in winter which prompted the first warranty call). So maybe I need to cut the green? If it defaults to 77, I guess I expected to see a report based on 77 water.

Ok. Cutting just the white wire should work because it disconnects the temperature sensor.

If you did the More button test again it should show sensor bad, which should make the temperature used in the salinity calculation default to 77 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ok. Cutting just the white wire should work because it disconnects the temperature sensor.

If you did the More button test again it should show sensor bad, which should make the temperature used in the salinity calculation default to 77 degrees Fahrenheit.

Will try that again. With just the white cut and the default at 77, should I still see a report of salinity though in IntelliCenter? I’m getting double hyphen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.