IC60 powers up than dies within seconds

Mar 26, 2014
League City, TX
I have an IC60 which is about 2 years old. The power center was bought used so no telling. When the pool powers on the Ic60 powers on for a second than dies. The power center green light stays on.
Strange thing is, when I unplug IC60 from power center and plug back in everything is fine for a couple of days and than it happens again. I can toggle pool power and it still turns off in seconds.
Another question would be why does unplugging it from power center fix it. Doesn't the power get cut anyway when pool is off. My setup, which is how it should be, is the IC60 is shut off when the pool is off. So does that make the issue the communication board/surge board on the power center.
Please any and all thoughts as replacements can be expensive

I would measure the DC output of the power center and see what you get when the cell is not working.. If you get about 40 volt DC, then the cell is bad.. Unfortunately, if the voltage is low, or zero, it is hard to tell if the power center is bad or if the cell is just loading it down. ?

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would suspect that there is a connection issue with some part of the wiring. Maybe the connection between the cell cord and the box.

Do the pins feel loose?
Not at all. When it's on but not working I've tried the wiggle game on everything I have access too. Doesn't change anything. It's weird because once unplugged and plugged back in I can't get it to break itself. Almost like there is a reset somewhere.
I do wonder being the power center is used if one of three parts are bad. It's not the fuse obviously. I just don't know what controls are on the board that might affect it

The next time it happens, you're going to have to open the power supply and check to see what has power and what doesn't.

If you can post a picture of the inside of the power supply and the system, something might stand out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.