IC60 overkill?

whixkid41

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2018
Long Island, NY
Hi All,

I am about to purchase my EasyTouch setup. I was originally going to go with the package that has the IC40 but for $100 more I can get the IC60. The pool is a 'Pond' shape that fits inside 21x34 rectangle, and runs 3-5.5 feet deep. Various calculations put it between 28-34k gallons. I've read some posts that going bigger is better. Am I going way overkill here with the IC60 or should I stick with the IC40 and apply the $100 to the Phone integration?

Thanks!

Nothing wrong at all with upgrading the SWG. The IC60 will produce more chlorine faster and it will last longer than the IC40. So, you can run your pump less if you want to.

w,

Actually the IC60 is the only one that makes sense, as the IC40 is way to small for your pool.

We always recommend that the cell be rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This is because cells are rated when running 100% output and 24/7.

I have an IC40 on a 17K pool and still have to run about 50% output and 24/7...

Since you talked about phone control, I assume you have, or plan on having an EasyTouch? If that is true and you do not yet have an ET, then make sure you get one that has a built-in SWCG power supply...

The larger the cell, the longer they last and the less you will have to run your pump..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I am going to purchase this:

https://sunplay.com/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-521150?variant=6881221476387

I believe this has the everything I need and is Phone control ready (next year!). Not bad considering the pool installer quoted me $2300 just for a basic salt system.

Now to pick my heater - way more complicated since I plan on having a spillover spa and no NAT gas, so I either have to go propane which is stupid expensive in the North east or go with a heatpump - 125 or 140. I am thinking the bigger the better - just like the IC60.

BTW - thank you guys for this site. It is a life saver! purchasing a pool is no joke and a huge investment. This site gives me confidence in my decisions. Thanks!

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum viable operating without advertisements.

I am going to purchase this: I believe this has the everything I need and is Phone control ready (next year!).

w,

That would be the ET that I would have picked also..

I highly suggest that you get ScreenLogic now. It costs about $360 bucks and it will cost you twice that in frustration just trying to set up the EasyTouch using the little 3" LCD... ScreenLogic makes programing and using the ET 10 x easier and actually "fun"....

Thanks for posting and your kind comments about TFP..

Jim R.

If your size measurements above are correct, I think you are significantly over-estimating the volume of your pool. I think it is probably closer to 20k gallons. I still would get the IC60 but knowing the correct volume is important for other chemical additions. If the pool is not filled you might want to consider an inline hose meter or if you have access to your house water meter do before/after readings as you fill it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.