Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I converted to salt last year and replaced all equipment, so everything is new. Our IC 60 started off fine when we finally opened a few weeks ago, but when we realized it wasn't producing chlorine (brief details here: Algae bloom less than a week since opening...). The initial installer came out to troubleshoot via phone with Pentair, replaced the IC60 and everything seemed to work. A few days ago I nticed the water looking a little hazy and realized the IC60 unit wasn't lit up anywhere even though the pump was running. Long story short, it only runs/lits up with pump on high. I've tried upping the RPMs on low (was 1700, currently 2000) and still looks dead. I've erased and reentered all programs, no change. It only powers on with pump on HIGH, but the installer insists it should run anytime the pump runs. We upgraded to a VS pump so we wouldn't have to run on high for 13 hrs and waste electricity (would like to only use H to clear the pool). Due to this newest algae issue I had to modify my daughter's pool party yesterday to just sprinklers which of course flooded out my yard:mad:

Thoughts?

Luric,

If none of the lights are on when the pump speed is low, but they do come on when in high, that sounds as if the Pump/Filter relay is not being closed... This does not sound like a SWCG problem, but rather an EasyTouch problem.

I suspect that your system is not wired or configured correctly.

Normally you don't have a "high" and "Low" with a VS pump, so I am a little puzzled.

If you can post a Screenshot of the following ScreenLogic set up pages...

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

And if you can post a pic showing your EasyTouch with the circuit breaker panel off, like the following...

dbtgallery.php

I'll see if I can spot the problem.... I've sent you a PM..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.