IC60 gives weird errors when starting up

Superman99

May 2, 2019
Monterey, CA
Hey Everyone,
I have newly installed IC60 with intellicenter controlling it.
I finally got my salt levels up to the needed level a few days ago so i turned on the salt cell and once its running it seems to produce chlorine just fine but I keep getting alerts that the salt is too low when it first starts, or sometimes it gives a low temp error. Neither of these are accurate because the pool is always between 68-72 and the salt levels are currently 3500 tested with the taylor salinity kit.
Is it normal for it to throw errors when it's just starting? Or is something wrong with my brand new salt cell.

When first starting up, it will go through a calibration cycle that takes a couple of minutes. Once the flashing lights stop, it should report salt and temp correctly. If not, something is wrong..

Jim R

Hey Everyone,
I have newly installed IC60 with intellicenter controlling it.
I finally got my salt levels up to the needed level a few days ago so i turned on the salt cell and once its running it seems to produce chlorine just fine but I keep getting alerts that the salt is too low when it first starts, or sometimes it gives a low temp error. Neither of these are accurate because the pool is always between 68-72 and the salt levels are currently 3500 tested with the taylor salinity kit.
Is it normal for it to throw errors when it's just starting? Or is something wrong with my brand new salt cell.
Superman99
Are you referring to the flashing lights at the IntelliChlor or are you referring to the IntelliCenter "Alerts" that you receive via your email client?
If speaking to the flashing lights for a couple of minutes at the actual IntelliChlor unit, Jimrahbe is correct and this is normal. This is called "Analysis Mode" and is addressed on pp2 of the IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator Installation and User's Guide.

If you are referring to email notifications (alerts), then welcome to my world. Pentair (tech support and my rep) are aware of this. They have said it comes up at the working group but yet no complete fix as of yet, has been implemented (however, I have noticed that they must be playing around with it because it changes from time to time). They have fixed it somewhat however. It used to send me erroneous intelliChlor email alerts at startup (when the IntelliChlor is first energized) and then on the hour, every hour while the IntelliChlor was energized. Now it just sends erroneous email alerts at startup but not consistently anymore, so it's getting better and they (Pentair) are working on it apparently.

Please see my post Pentair IntelliCenter Alerts for additional information regarding this issue.
Great question. Thanks,
r.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.