IC60 Chlorinator: Communication Lost?

miles267

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 5, 2016
Arkansas
Hi - have been running my Pentair EasyTouch, ScreenLogic2 and IC60 SWCG for 3 years now without any real issue. Though last year had my IC60 flow switch replaced under warranty. After reinstalling the IC60 this season (was kept in storage during winter, swapped in dummy cell), there was also no issue. Though after about a month, I began receiving this error with my ScreenLogic2 alert panel as well as the same error via my email alerts from SL2. Am still able to adjust the SWCG salt output and it somehow still returns salt readings in ppm, though this com link error consistently occurs at random intervals. Even from a reset at the equipment panel of all hardware, this sale error will occur within minutes of first powering on the IC60. Have tried to re-seat the black power/comm cable, re-tighten the coupling at the base of the ET panel, etc. to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Have a Pentair service tech coming out this week, but so far they’re wanting to replace the otherwise new flow switch.

Just curious whether these symptoms sound familiar to anyone. Thanks.

Miles,

I have not heard of this specific problem before..

If you can receive salt readings, and control the SWCG's output, it is obvious the communications are working.

The flow switch has zero to do with communications, so I can't understand why they want to replace it.. :scratch:

Please let us know what the final solution is, as it might help others in the future.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim R. Will be sure to echo back with what I find out. I did not a few older posts on the forum with similar com link errors, however no one ever confirmed back their issue and resolution unfortunately.

I believe its normal, as the SWG gets power and cycles its lights its not communicating with the ET(but ET is querying SWG). As soon as the SWG finishes and the Green light that its producing then it talks to the ET and the Alarm turns off. You are aware of it because of the email alerts. I dont enable email. Since its a very short period of time of the SWG startup most people dont notice it on the screenlogic.

As luck would have it, my IC60 was failing. The service tech was instructed by Pentair to first attempt a flow switch replacement. Once they did that the cell died completely. Fortunately Pentair has agreed to replace the SWCG under warranty. Still the frequent alert behavior and com link errors were peculiar symptoms.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.