Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am having trouble with my IC40 constantly producing @ 100%. I have tried to turn it down via Screenlogic and EasyTouch and the lights on the cell will not reduce to the appropriate level. I disabled the cell in EasyTouch and tried to use the manual buttons to turn down the cell and nothing happens.

The cell is +- 5 months old, I asked the PB to come out a few weeks ago when the cell was reading salt level @ 9900, they told me that I needed to acid wash the call and that falls under preventative maintenance which is not covered.

On inspection, there is what I consider to be a small amount of scale on two of the plates. I ordered the fittings to do the acid wash but have not done it yet.

I am doing my best to control the FC by adjusting the pump run time. What am I missing?

20220617_082451.jpg

Try disconnecting the RS485 wires from the J20 comm port. Remove power from the ET before doing it. Then see if you can control the IC from its control panel.

Reactions: SaltyBHouston
The cell is +- 5 months old, I asked the PB to come out a few weeks ago when the cell was reading salt level @ 9900, they told me that I needed to acid wash the cell and that falls under preventative maintenance which is not covered.
That's nonsense.

It's a warranty issue that they need to handle.

If they won't do anything, file a warranty claim directly with Pentair.

That's nonsense.

It's a warranty issue that they need to handle.

If they won't do anything, file a warranty claim directly with Pentair.
Thanks, thats how I felt at the time. I decided I would clean the cell to remove that excuse and call them back out. Now I have more grounds to support my concerns with the cell.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.