IC40 Doesn't seem to be producing

I'm back! Pentair sent me a flow switch/sensor no charge due to the fact that my unit was just out of warranty. Got it replaced last night, everything seems to be working correctly, however, I ran a test over night and from when I took my test at 9:00 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. my FC had only gone-up .5. I figure I lose about .5 overnight so I'm guessing it generated about 1. FC in just over 9 hours with no sun on water. Does that sound about right?

Here are my numbers from the test I did this morning:
FC 4
pH 8 (lowered to 7.6 after this test)
TA 80
CYA 80
CH 350-400

Any thoughts? At this rate it will never keep-up with the Vegas sun burning off the chlorine. Prior years no problem at all, in-fact if memory serves me correctly I only ran the system at 60%, I ran at 80% last night.

Cell looks great, clean, all lights green etc. Also, I don't over clean the one time I do a year. I use recommended ration of acid:water from Pentair. Everything looks good.

I have similar problem. Noted chlorine levels running low several weeks ago. Turned up SWG and came back from vacation 2 weeks later to lots of algae and free chlorine of 1. Checked chemistries and pH was good (7.6) with high calcium (we have very hard water in SD) and low TA. Shocked pool overnight. This am, lights all green but held down more button as directed and got same red lights you did (Salt and temp lights red). Pressed again and got all flashing green flashing green lights (same as you). Ready to replace sensor, but in your last post doesn't sound like problem is solved so I was hoping for an update prior to purchasing. Has your diagnostic testing gone back to normal, or do you still get red lights on salt and temp?

Thanks for any advice.

My situation may be slightly different as I have not had issues with reported temp or salt levels. But I do seem to not be producing adequate chlorine and getting same diagnostic codes as you.

After shocking the pool, I've added stabilizer (my levels were <50) and had turned the generator to 100% and will leave pump running all day and monitor chlorine levels. With the insane sun we've got here, the chlorine dropped rapidly yesterday after shocking the night before.

Let me know how your situation progresses.

Diagnostic testing is 100% normal. Very frustrating, thinking I may need a new cell.

Are you sure your pool is 28K gallons? Sounds too little for 38x31 depending on depth. Your IC40 may be undersized for your pool size and location. If you replace it get an IC60.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.