IC40 chlorine generator and chlorine levels

Roberd07

Jun 26, 2019
Fort Worth Texas
A few days ago I noticed that my screenlogic app was reflecting a zero salt level however I was not getting a low salt indicator on my generator itself. After searching posts on here I came to the conclusion that my flow switch is probably to blame but didn’t feel that it was critical to fix right away due to satisfactory chlorine levels. A couple of days ago I found my chlorine levels to be very high, 17.5 free chlorine and that my system seemed to automatically change my generators output from 70% to 29%. I manually lowered output to 10%. This morning my system started up and my generator went into the “boost” super chlorination mode by itself. Does this sound indicative of a bad flow switch or an issue with the chlorine generator itself? To add, chlorine levels are still very high.

R,

Two different problems... When you see a zero salt on ScreenLogic, but the cell does not show low salt, it is a communication problem between the EasyTouch and the cell.. This problem has been "fixed" by replacing several different parts.. The flow switch, the surge card, the main EasyTouch board, etc... The cheapest thing to replace is the flow switch, so that would be the first thing to try.. But, as you realize, as long as the cell is still working, it is not a big deal to just leave it as is.

I have never heard of ScreenLogic changing the cell's output percentages on its own or making the cell go into boost in its own. I really doubt that would have anything to do with the flow switch assembly.. More likely a cell problem...

Did you attempt to use the buttons on the cell to change the % of output? In theory they should not work when the cell is connected to the EasyTouch.

Were you by any chance screwing with the cell's More or Less buttons to look at the fault code readings??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I did attempt to cancel out the super chlorination using the More/Less buttons on the generator itself but was unsuccessful given that operation is controlled by my system. I too was doubtful that the output could or would be automatically reduced but wanted to hear from others that are certainly more experienced than myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.